New Cpu Which one?

WesleydeGroot
38 minutes ago, brob said:

@Stefan Payne, it's foolish to make judgements about tech without independent reviews and benchmarks.

Yes and there are already some infos out there that ain't lookin good. 

Especially with THAT Price.

38 minutes ago, brob said:

I agree the increase in Coffee Lake cpu prices doesn't make sense. But obviously Intel doesn't think so.

1) Its not Intel, its "the Market"

2) its due to a Shortage on Intel Chips - kinda like the Mining boom

3) why are you trying to talk him into a rediculously overpriced Processor??

All the Recommendations you see on the Internet are based on the old, regular prices - wich are like 320-350€ for an i7-8700K, not 450€ for the 8700K!

With these prices, there is really no reason to choose the Intel - because Price matters! In this case +150€ for the 8700K. The upcoming 9700K is listed for 500€. Naa, it makes no sense to go that way let alone recommend that!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

@Stefan Payne, I'm not trying to talk anyone into anything. I simply suggested that waiting a week would be prudent.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

7 minutes ago, brob said:

@Stefan Payne, I'm not trying to talk anyone into anything. I simply suggested that waiting a week would be prudent.

And what if its a waste of time and the PRices of AMD also increase because the Intel Product isn't that great??

Why do people always advertize to wait for Intel but never AMD?!
I don't get it...

And what CPU do you sugest he gets?? One that costs as much as the intended Budget?? (500€)

I9-9900K is listed for 627€ Tray and 699€ Boxed (WOF)

i7-9700K is listed for 499€ (and doesn't have SMT enabled!)

i5-9600K is listed for 350€ - and only has 6 Cores w/o SMT - with one shop and 379€ at Caseking, Rest list them at 700€

And all of them are only listed at less than a hand full of shops.

Sorry, but that's really bullshit. Especially with the 14nm Intel Shortage, you can expect the Prices to rise dramatically. 

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

The 9th Gen Intel processor's are coming out soon. The i9 9900k is looking like the new consumer grade champion. The 8th gen processors are very good, the i5 and i7 are what I would recommend since the 9900k is all of your budget. 

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:06 AM, WesleydeGroot said:

Should have mentioned the budget lol. But to answer You guys in 1 message my budget is about 500 euro's for the Cpu so that isn't the motherboard and ram included 

For 500 euro, just pick yourself an Intel Core I7-8700k.

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

52 minutes ago, partymarty said:

For 500 euro, just pick yourself an Intel Core I7-8700k.

Agreed, the 8700k has a ton of value.

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.