Buying a Used GPU

yzipyzi

Hey,

I found a suspiciously cheap rx 580 for 90 euros (like 100 usd) and when I called the seller up, he told me I can't test it at his home, but I can return it to him if it doesn't work and he'll refund me the money. I think he's trying to scam me. Your thoughts?

Not sure... I wouldn't buy that if I was you... Listen what your instinct tells you :)

then don't buy it , buy from a real source that allows real returns

Bring your PC to him :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

There are a lot of people that simply don't like the idea of inviting a stranger into their home. That being said the most important thing to ask is why the person is selling and why so cheap. If they won't answer those questions or the answers aren't what you want to hear then don't buy. You can also ask them to record a video of them testing the GPU. You can also ask the person to come to your home or somewhere that you can test the GPU before you buy.

Did he/she OC it? In my country I find a 200$/150$ RX 580 Asus Edition which when i buy and test was dead, returned it, out of stock LOL in the site was order one not "Sold out/Out of stock. And you can also ask him why the price is low too.

Follow up:

He told me he used the card for mining and it wasn't profitable anymore, so he is selling it. I'll ask him to send me a video of the card in action.

Also forgot to mention that it's an 8gb one so it's even better.

If he used it for mining then he likely has multiple cards probably even of the same model, so make sure there is a way to identify that specific card.