Fortnite on kindle fire 7 HD gen 4

Brick1026

I have a kindle fire 7 HD gen 4. So, if in theory I loaded android onto it could I run fortnite android beta?

-Moved to Phones and Tablets-

In theory, yes. But you'd have to find some way to flash the current ROM and replace it with a recent version of Android. Then you'd have to hope that your Kindle is powerful enough in terms of hardware.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Mine has a quad core clocked at 1.5ghz Isn’t that like a little less than half the Xbox one’s cpu preformance xD

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

-Moved to Phones and Tablets-

In theory, yes. But you'd have to find some way to flash the current ROM and replace it with a recent version of Android. Then you'd have to hope that your Kindle is powerful enough in terms of hardware.

The minimum specs says 1gb ram so would the APK lock me out of the game or would it just not run well. On the iPhone if you had less than 2gb of ram the game just refused to open and shot out an error message. Sooooo, does the android APK behave the same way?

2 minutes ago, Brick1026 said:

Mine has a quad core clocked at 1.5ghz Isn’t that like a little less than half the Xbox one’s cpu preformance xD

Except the Kindle has a tiny mobile chip with a completely different architecture from the Xbox. The Xbox has WAY more power than that thing.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Just now, Brick1026 said:

It be minimum specs says 1gb ram so would the APK lock me out of the game or would it just not run well. On the iPhone if you had less than 2gb of ram the game just refused to open and shot out an error message. Sooooo, does the android APK behave the same way?

It'll probably try to open, freeze, and then crash. That's my experience with applications on Android that won't run due to low end hardware.

This most likely isn't worth your effort, you'd be better off either getting the PC version or emulating Android on a PC.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, thegreengamers said:

Except the Kindle has a tiny mobile chip with a completely different architecture from the Xbox. The Xbox has WAY more power than that thing.

Thought I might be an idiot. I’m only looking at core amounts and clock speed. Not architecture.

1 minute ago, Brick1026 said:

Thought I might be an idiot. I’m only looking at core amounts and clock speed. Not architecture.

I guess you could try to run Fortnite Mobile on the Kindle Fire, but I'm not sure how well it will run.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It'll probably try to open, freeze, and then crash. That's my experience with applications on Android that won't run due to low end hardware.

This most likely isn't worth your effort, you'd be better off either getting the PC version or emulating Android on a PC.

Personally, I’m not very familiar with Android. I have used Apple sIncenIv used a tablet/phone. Even if not for fortnite would it be worth it to run android 6.0 on a kindle fire. Also, is android lighter than fire OS

1 minute ago, Brick1026 said:

Personally, I’m not very familiar with Android. I have used Apple sIncenIv used a tablet/phone. Even if not for fortnite would it be worth it to run android 6.0 on a kindle fire. Also, is android lighter than fire OS

Depends on what you gain with Android over fireOS. If Android has something you want and will make use of, then it'll be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 4:24 PM, thegreengamers said:

I guess you could try to run Fortnite Mobile on the Kindle Fire, but I'm not sure how well it will run.

It'd be one hell of a slideshow :)