Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tabs take forever to open

So i have an 8700K and 16Gb of ram. Untill yesterday my tabs would open within like half a second, no matter how many tabs i had open, it didnt matter. When i booted up my pc today i noticed when i open up ANY site, it takes like 20 fucking seconds to open a new tab...

Is my internet just being weird today or is there a problem with either my CPU or my RAM?

I also noticed on that my Disc usage was 42% on task manager, and one moment later it was suddenly 0%, with the same amount of tabs open. Thats fuckin weird

Check your CPU usage in task manager.

Try using a different web browser to see if it happens in other browsers as well. Chrome, Firefox, or even Microsoft edge.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your browser.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

which browser is this? how many tabs do you have open? is your CPU running at 100% only when the browser is open?

Google Chrome. 

Current tabs open: 8

CPU is running at 10%but it constantly changes, one moment its 33% and the other its 12%..

RAM Usage 37%

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Check your CPU usage in task manager.

Try using a different web browser to see if it happens in other browsers as well. Chrome, Firefox, or even Microsoft edge.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your browser.

Okay i'll try that, thanks

When you say it's taking 20s to open a tab, do you mean that when you open a new empty tab it takes 20s for Chrome to open the tab... Or do you mean the tab opens fine and then it takes 20s for the website to load?

Try clicking the + symbol in the tab bar to open a new empty tab and let us know how long that takes to open a blank tab.

Also go to speedtest.net and run a speed test on your internet and post the result.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

okay good that's not about pages that have a cryptominer running

yeah see if other browsers (or even other programs in general) are doing the same (like spotty said). also what plugins are you running on chrome?

Yeah im sorry i have no idea what a plugin is im not a tech savy guy lol.. I saw my disc usage at 42% at one point and then it suddenly shifted back to 0% without me closing a tab. That cant be good right?

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

okay good that's not about pages that have a cryptominer running

yeah see if other browsers (or even other programs in general) are doing the same (like spotty said). also what plugins are you running on chrome?

Sorry i clicked the Solved button by accident. When i open a tab its there within like 1 second but when i try to open a site it takes forever

2 minutes ago, WeedIsMySin said:

Sorry i clicked the Solved button by accident. When i open a tab its there within like 1 second but when i try to open a site it takes forever

This is a problem with your internet connection.

Try resetting your router.

Open or load? Load issues are 100% internet related.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv