Is the 2016 Dell XPS a good laptop for 4k editing in 2018

I am currently using a 2011 Macbook pro for video editing on the go but since I am slowly switching to shooting in 4K I figured I should upgrade. I am looking at the dell xps 15 9500 with 16 gigs of ram, i7 6th gen and a 960m for decent specs and good battery life and its under a thousand used. I'm just wondering how it performs editing 4k video in premiere and after effects in 2018.

Not fun. Why not a desktop?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

I have a desktop as well which I am planning to upgrade in the next 6 months this is just for editing on the road and at school and such

35 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

a i5 8th gen and a mobile 1050 ti would perfom better, apparently the 960m is really bad.

I would like to buy one but I can't really afford to spend more than 950 or so and even that is a bit more than my parents probably want me to spend.

It should be okay, of course not perfect but it will work. However using proxys could be an idea if it feels to slow to edit 4k and then just export in 4k. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

• 2 weeks later...

My friend has the same laptop, and I've tried editing with it. Use proxies, and don't expect awesome render times, and you will be fine. It won't hold you back per say, but you will be waiting for it to render every once in a while.