Font change?

Slottr

Font looks a little weird today, this intentional?  I find it kind of hard to read.

Checked on my laptop too just to make sure it wasn't just me. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

There haven't been any changes to the font today. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

HTTP/2 203

I'm not aware of any changes made in the last day or two and everything looks normal to me.  Perhaps an update on your end has changed how things are rendered?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

There haven't been any changes to the font today. Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm not aware of any changes made in the last day or two and everything looks normal to me.  Perhaps an update on your end has changed how things are rendered?

It's slightly difficult to tell via screenshot, but the text looks slightly distorted, similar to what windows scaling does. This display is 3440x1440, but my laptops display is 1080.

Possibly a visual setting through my account?

I've tried multiple browsers as well.

1474622159_DesktopScreenshot2018_10.08-13_46_37_54.thumb.png.278f8072158e04a370f315a4fcf8e7ea.png

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

It's slightly difficult to tell via screenshot, but the text looks slightly distorted, similar to what windows scaling does. This display is 3440x1440, but my laptops display is 1080.

Possibly a visual setting through my account?

I've tried multiple browsers as well.

Oh, hm, no not that slight... that's a very obvious problem xD Sadly I don't have many ideas though.  I don't think it's a scaling issue since it doesn't appear to be enabled... but is it?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh, hm, no not that slight... that's a very obvious problem xD Sadly I don't have many ideas though.  I don't think it's a scaling issue since it doesn't appear to be enabled... but is it?

Not on the system with the 1440 display,  on my laptop it was, I tried adjusting it but still no luck.

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Not on the system with the 1440 display,  on my laptop it was, I tried adjusting it but still no luck.

I guess the next thing we'll want to know is does this happen on other sites or just here?

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I guess the next thing we'll want to know is does this happen on other sites or just here?

Tried scrolling Reddit, Facebook and Amazon and all were just fine. Seems to only be here...

This is an issue with your Chrome install I'm afraid. If you right click on some of the text and "Inspect Element". If the dev tools are open at the bottom of the page, click "Computed" in the right pane of the dev tools then scroll to the bottom of that pane; if they are open to the side of the page, just scroll to the bottom of the pane in the bottom right of the tools. The "Rendered Fonts" section should tell you what font the browser chose for the text - it should be Arial or Helvetica on Windows I think.

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

This is an issue with your Chrome install I'm afraid. If you right click on some of the text and "Inspect Element". If the dev tools are open at the bottom of the page, click "Computed" in the right pane of the dev tools then scroll to the bottom of that pane; if they are open to the side of the page, just scroll to the bottom of the pane in the bottom right of the tools. The "Rendered Fonts" section should tell you what font the browser chose for the text - it should be Arial or Helvetica on Windows I think.

Got it.

So I think what happened is that a font I had installed for some graphic work, a derivative of helvetica, was overwriting the normal font. For some reason it just now started to do this after having it installed for a couple days.

Thanks for the direction, were all good now.