Steam gifting and lending games- how does it work?

ManOfDisguise

So say if someone on Steam from my friends list has a game I want he could lend it to me and I could lend him one of my games? How does it work? How do you set it up?

And if it really works could someone here add me on steam and lend me Gmod? I can lend you Chivalry or Skyrim(if it really works as they say)

My Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119785492/

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

you would have to trust him enough to let him log into your account on his computer and then you would authorize it and do the same with his account and then you can "lend" games to eachother 

you would have to trust him enough to let him log into your account on his computer and then you would authorize it and do the same with his account and then you can "lend" games to eachother 

oh... i thought it was easier

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

So say if someone on Steam from my friends list has a game I want he could lend it to me and I could lend him one of my games? How does it work? How do you set it up?

And if it really works could someone here add me on steam and lend me Gmod? I can lend you Chivalry or Skyrim(if it really works as they say)

My Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198119785492/

Basically this is how it works. So far the feature is in beta, and it's not really meant to be used with people you don't personally know.

http://store.steampowered.com/sharing/

oh... i thought it was easier

same but we don't live in a perfect world now do we lol 

Basically this is how it works. So far the feature is in beta, and it's not really meant to be used with people you don't personally know.

http://store.steampowered.com/sharing/

oh ok thanks. nvm then :(

Specs of my PC:

same but we don't live in a perfect world now do we lol 

ye unfortuantely we do not

Specs of my PC:

ye unfortuantely we do not

i guess if you want me and you can spam gabe for requests to make it easier?

oh ok thanks. nvm then :(

Anyway, I personally do have Gmod, so I added you. You never know, maybe this steam feature is gonna be more practical once it's officially released. 

i added u and when it starts working u can play gmod because for the love of me i still dont get the game and im done lol.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

i added u and when it starts working u can play gmod because for the love of me i still dont get the game and im done lol.

Anyway, I personally do have Gmod, so I added you. You never know, maybe this steam feature is gonna be more practical once it's officially released. 

thanks guys! i might get gmod myslef(css+gmod bundle) but only if its gona be on sale for like under 10 bucks or something. but if that would mean having to wait for the Summer Sale then I will get it some other way :P

Specs of my PC:

thanks guys! i might get gmod myslef(css+gmod bundle) but only if its gona be on sale for like under 10 bucks or something. but if that would mean having to wait for the Summer Sale then I will get it some other way :P

actually one of my friends at work said he had copies lieing around. ill c if i can grab one for ya.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Hey msg me when ur on nxt one of my friends has a copy he can give to ya.