Chiller/Mineral Cooled PC

So I watched your mineral cooled PC setup in the past and I watched the refrigerant cooled cpu episode today and I thought, why not combine the two?  If you cool your computer using a refrigerant and liquid cooled setup but have it in mineral oil, you no longer have to worry about dew point and condensation and you could OC to your hearts content.  Plus, it would make for a really fun episode.  Just an idea from a fan.  Thanks!

not a good idea, if you chill the oil to much it would lose its viscosity and perhaps even crystallize.

if you some how did some super math and figured out specific heat of the volume of oil you used, and TDP of your OC'd system and thermal pumping action of what ever chiller you used you might be able to make it work.

I am not saying chill the oil, just chill the components you desire to keep cool and then make an attempt to insulate them and then put it in oil.  the goal is not to use oil to cool but to insulate from humidity.

48 minutes ago, Grimmy347 said:

-

If you don't chill the oil, the oil will heat the components up. If you insulate the components, they will cook themselves to death as the components themselves do not have a high specific heat capacity.

It would be much better to fill a closed off container with dry gas to eliminate moisture in the air and proceed as normal. Cold traps that attract moisture more effectively than the components such as a copper braid cooled by liquid nitrogen may also be effective in this case to minimize condensation on the components