PC Sits at 92C With 940-950 MHZ

JasonPaul1.00
1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Is your card the Nvidia reference 550ti? Does it look like the card in this image...
image.png.dd3c4eacb653d9a8b8e2d2f6984b139b.png

The cooling on those card isn't the greatest, and your high temperatures under load are likely just a result of your overclocking. Remove the overclock and leave it at its defaults.
Older graphics cards did have a tendency to run quite hot in general, so 90C under load on an overclocked card with a blower style cooler would not surprise me at all.

Best thing you can do is ensure that your case has adequete air flow (good front air intakes, clean dust filters on the front panel, etc) and lower/remove any overclock if the temps are too high.

Shutting down PC lemme check BRB

1 minute ago, JasonPaul1.00 said:

I REMOVED OVERCLOCKING MAX FAN SPEED STILL 95C+ CLIMBING

Stop the stress test then :D

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Pretty sure its Nvida Branded On it Only 1 fan

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Is your card the Nvidia reference 550ti? Does it look like the card in this image...
image.png.dd3c4eacb653d9a8b8e2d2f6984b139b.png

The cooling on those card isn't the greatest, and your high temperatures under load are likely just a result of your overclocking. Remove the overclock and leave it at its defaults.
Older graphics cards did have a tendency to run quite hot in general, so 90C under load on an overclocked card with a blower style cooler would not surprise me at all.

Best thing you can do is ensure that your case has adequete air flow (good front air intakes, clean dust filters on the front panel, etc) and lower/remove any overclock if the temps are too high.

Opening the PC Case would help cus i just did it  and the air coming out of my PSU is colder proboly just after leaving it of

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Should mess with the curve?????

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

No overclocking Max Fan speed RGB Cooling Fans , case open 76  C On stress test

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

81C CLIMBING AGAIN....

11 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Its max its chilling at is 85c

What stress test are you running to test the graphics card? GPU stress tests are designed to purposefully put a large synthetic load on to the GPU to cause the highest GPU temps possible.

Remove your overclocks and restore the card to its defaults. Let the system cool down properly and see what temperatures it shows when the system is idle (just sitting on desktop not running any other programs).

Then after you have a good idea of idle temperatures, run a benchmark such as 3DMark Firestrike and see how it performs in the benchmark, and what temperatures it reaches during the benchmark test.

I'm happy to help you, but please stop posting and tagging/quoting me 6 posts in a row - Every time you make a new post I have to stop typing up my reply and reload the page to view the latest post, which just means it will take longer for me to help.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

What stress test are you running to test the graphics card? GPU stress tests are designed to purposefully put a large synthetic load on to the GPU to cause the highest GPU temps possible.

Remove your overclocks and restore the card to its defaults. Let the system cool down properly and see what temperatures it shows when the system is idle (just sitting on desktop not running any other programs).

Then after you have a good idea of idle temperatures, run a benchmark such as 3DMark Firestrike and see how it performs in the benchmark, and what temperatures it reaches during the benchmark test.

I'm happy to help you, but please stop posting and tagging/quoting me 6 posts in a row - Every time you make a new post I have to stop typing up my reply and reload the page to view the latest post, which just means it will take longer for me to help.

Its not just the stress Test its Brick rigs ive scene get high