PC Sits at 92C With 940-950 MHZ

JasonPaul1.00

This is not normal. Is this on the CPU or graphics card?

If it's on the CPU, then open the side panel of the case and inspect the CPU heatsink. Ensure if it free from dust and the fan(s) are spinning correctly.

If you have some more thermal paste, you can try removing the heatsink, cleaning it, and remounting it to see if new thermal paste and remounting it helps improve the situation.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Did you make sure the cooler was properly installed? Enough thermal paste? Did you peel off the plastic sticker on the bottom of your cooler if it is an AIO?

Also system specs would be helpful

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

This is not normal. Is this on the CPU or graphics card?

If it's on the CPU, then open the side panel of the case and inspect the CPU heatsink. Ensure if it free from dust and the fan(s) are spinning correctly.

If you have some more thermal paste, you can try removing the heatsink, cleaning it, and remounting it to see if new thermal paste and remounting it helps improve the situation.

Also have had it dusted out lately and the fans are spinning coreclty 3 year old PC.. maybe it needs new thermal paste?

Just now, JasonPaul1.00 said:

Its a Prebuilt PC and Its the GPU

What model of graphics card is it? Does the graphics card come with fans on its heatsink, and if so are they spinning? Is the GPU heatsink clogged with dust?
If you're unsure of your graphics card model, do you know the model number of the pre-built system (if from HP, Acer, Dell, Lenovo, etc)?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

What model of graphics card is it? Does the graphics card come with fans on its heatsink, and if so are they spinning? Is the GPU heatsink clogged with dust?
If you're unsure of your graphics card model, do you know the model number of the pre-built system (if from HP, Acer, Dell, Lenovo, etc)?

Display driver       : 391.35
BIOS                 : 70.26.20.00.02

Graphics card only has 1 fan maybe opening the case???? cus my house is kinda hot

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Ima take of the case BRB

2 minutes ago, JasonPaul1.00 said:

GeForce GTX 550 Ti on GF116 GPU

The stock clock speeds of the GPU is 900Mhz on the Core clock, so the clock speeds you're seeing are normal (assuming it's a factory overclocked variant with 920/940Mhz clock speeds).

The temperatures are a concern. Are the high temperatures only during games, or always even while the computer is idling on the desktop?

It seems that 900Mhz is the core clock of the 550ti? Unless I'm missing something here.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Only During Games Like Brick Rigs and Sometimes Stormworks But it handles garrysmod pretty well 

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

The stock clock speeds of the GPU is 900Mhz on the Core clock, so the clock speeds you're seeing are normal (assuming it's a factory overclocked variant with 920/940Mhz clock speeds).

The temperatures are a concern. Are the high temperatures only during games, or always even while the computer is idling on the desktop?

And it did start at 900 At first

Just now, Spotty said:

It's probably just dust. @JasonPaul1.00 When was the last time you cleaned your pc?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Shreyas1 said:

It seems that 900Mhz is the core clock of the 550ti? Unless I'm missing something here.

I put it to 940-950 Mhz 

STRESS TEST IS REAL

Just now, Shreyas1 said:

It's probably just dust. @JasonPaul1.00 When was the last time you cleaned your pc?

I cleaned it like a mounth ago

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Stress test is uhh  high...

1 minute ago, JasonPaul1.00 said:

I put it to 940-950 Mhz 

STRESS TEST IS REAL

Try putting the card back at factory settings. Cards that come with prebuilt systems usually aren't meant to be oc'd

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Try putting the card back at factory settings. Cards that come with prebuilt systems usually aren't meant to be oc'd

k

Stock Setting Stress Test still into the 90c zone

3 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

ITS STEADY AT 91 C

Is your card the Nvidia reference 550ti? Does it look like the card in this image...
image.png.dd3c4eacb653d9a8b8e2d2f6984b139b.png

The cooling on those card isn't the greatest, and your high temperatures under load are likely just a result of your overclocking. Remove the overclock and leave it at its defaults.
Older graphics cards did have a tendency to run quite hot in general, so 90C under load on an overclocked card with a blower style cooler would not surprise me at all.

Best thing you can do is ensure that your case has adequete air flow (good front air intakes, clean dust filters on the front panel, etc) and lower/remove any overclock if the temps are too high.

4 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

OVER 95 C I NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN!

Just now, Spotty said:

Is your card the Nvidia reference 550ti? Does it look like the card in this image...
image.png.dd3c4eacb653d9a8b8e2d2f6984b139b.png

The cooling on those card isn't the greatest, and your high temperatures under load are likely just a result of your overclocking. Remove the overclock and leave it at its defaults.
Older graphics cards did have a tendency to run quite hot in general, so 90C under load on an overclocked card with a blower style cooler would not surprise me at all.

Best thing you can do is ensure that your case has adequete air flow (good front air intakes, clean dust filters on the front panel, etc) and lower/remove any overclock if the temps are too high.

I REMOVED OVERCLOCKING MAX FAN SPEED STILL 95C+ CLIMBING