Does M.2 SSD work on Aorus gaming 7

rekt1

Hi, so went i went to pc part picker and when i put a samsung 970 pro 512 gb on my aorus gaming 7, they said that there is incompatible with it. Any truth to that. Oh ya which gtx 1080 ti gpu should i get. The zota amp extreme, aorus xtreme edition  or the evga gtx 1080 ti ftw3 or sc2

Which Aorus Gaming 7? There are several different boards called Aorus Gaming 7.

That board has three M.2 slots and will work with the Samsung 970 Pro. PCpartpicker may have been warning of some of the specific configurations (like some other ports may be unavailable if you use certain M.2 slots).

I just put these together in pcpartpicker and it doesn't say they're incompatible

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

23 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I just put these together in pcpartpicker and it doesn't say they're incompatible

ya ikr

24 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

That board has three M.2 slots and will work with the Samsung 970 Pro. PCpartpicker may have been warning of some of the specific configurations (like some other ports may be unavailable if you use certain M.2 slots).

what do u mean?

8 minutes ago, rekt1 said:

what do u mean?

If you install M.2 drives, some other ports on the port will be unavailable or have their connections downgraded.

Specifically, if you put an M.2 drive in the M2M_32G slot, SATA ports 4 and 5 on the board will no longer work. And if you put an M.2 SATA drive in the M2A_32G slot, SATA port 0 will no longer work. And if you put an M.2 PCIe drive in the M2P_32G slot, the PCIEX4 slot on the board will be downgraded to a PCIe x2 connection rather than x4.

So it will be safer if i dont use a m.2 ssd

As i plan on using a intel optane and a samsung 970 pro 512GB