Australian Pc upgrade

Beery02

Hp 8200 elite sff which i want to upgrade/rebuild. I want to get a new case, motherboard and psu in normal atx form. the motherboard is lga 1155 thats why im needing help because of compatibility issues with the psu and motherboard also with the bios on the lga 1155 motherboard will it support a rx 570 8gb ?

2 minutes ago, Beery02 said:

Hp 8200 elite sff which i want to upgrade/rebuild. I want to get a new case, motherboard and psu in normal atx form. the motherboard is lga 1155 thats why im needing help because of compatibility issues with the psu and motherboard also with the bios on the lga 1155 motherboard will it support a rx 570 8gb ?

A ssf probably has a propriety(not sure how to spell that) motherboard layout, meaning you can't fit it in a normal case, and it probably uses propriety PSU connectors, meaning a PSU upgrade isn't possible either. And if you are completely out of luck, they might have made the front panel USB and Power connectors properiaty too.

The bios will probably support the GPU, but still, it's HP so they might have locked it out like they did with my laptop.

You are better of not reusing anything from that system.

4 hours ago, Beery02 said:

What's your budget?

What CPU and RAM is currently in the machine?

You could go with a new case, new PSU, and a 2nd hand ATX motherboard that supports your existing CPU and DDR3 memory, but unless you're on a tight budget you'd be far better off with an entirely new system.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 10:49 PM, timl132 said:

A ssf probably has a propriety(not sure how to spell that) motherboard layout, meaning you can't fit it in a normal case, and it probably uses propriety PSU connectors, meaning a PSU upgrade isn't possible either. And if you are completely out of luck, they might have made the front panel USB and Power connectors properiaty too.

The bios will probably support the GPU, but still, it's HP so they might have locked it out like they did with my laptop.

You are better of not reusing anything from that system.

i said if i get a new mb too haha but thanks i had a look 

On 10/8/2018 at 2:57 AM, Spotty said:

What's your budget?

What CPU and RAM is currently in the machine?

You could go with a new case, new PSU, and a 2nd hand ATX motherboard that supports your existing CPU and DDR3 memory, but unless you're on a tight budget you'd be far better off with an entirely new system.

ive just brought a h63 lga 1155 motherboard heatsink and found a case+psu ill use but does anyone know what all the little metal prongs sticking up are used for ?

6 minutes ago, Beery02 said:

does anyone know what all the little metal prongs sticking up are used for

On what? Can you upload a photo of it?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Beery02 said:

ive just brought a h63 lga 1155 motherboard heatsink and found a case+psu ill use but does anyone know what all the little metal prongs sticking up are used for ?

Photos please

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Beery02 said:

That has a proprietary motherboard.  So the most you can salvage from that and move to a standard ATX/mTAX case will be the processor, RAM and hard drive.You'll basically need a "new" motherboard.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti