Intel fanboyism on r/buildapc

mandrigald

Am I the only one who notices the INSANE amount of Intel fanboyism on that subreddit? If you even suggest the use of an AMD CPU someone will almost immediately argue it, even for a budget build. Now I'm not a fanboy myself but this drives me mad. Many people who are new to building PCs refer to that subreddit and many people on there (not all, mind you) give them the mindset that putting an AMD processor in your computer is the equivalent of taking a big dump all over it. I just don't get why they advise people who are on a budget to steer clear of AMD. Intel is most of the time the better choice but their is nothing wrong with an AMD processor for those on a budget. This was more of a rant, but that really frustrates me

It's a case of mob mentality and hivemind as a negative aspect.

Nobody really knows why they're bad, they just know they're bad. The knowledge that they're bad is based on the same sample of information that has been passed around from 2009. People resist change against a principle they find almost religious.

Error: 410

It's a case of mob mentality and hivemind as a negative aspect.

Makes sense. Have you witnessed it yourself, or just evaluating? I want for somebody to say they see it too because I feel like I'm crazy but I swear to god its there

Makes sense. Have you witnessed it yourself, or just evaluating? I want for somebody to say they see it too because I feel like I'm crazy but I swear to god its there

Not really witness per se, since I don't use reddit myself, but anywhere else on the internet you go aside from LTT and Teksyndicate they will feed you Intel (tomshardware is the worst offender.) Ask them why? They rarely have a good argument.

Error: 410

Not really witness per se, since I don't use reddit myself, but anywhere else on the internet you go aside from LTT they will feed you Intel. Ask them why? They rarely have a good argument.

Will do. Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not crazy, I was beginning to think I was the only one that saw it

edit for grammar

On most pc building sites you will see a fair amount of Intel fanboying. Just like you will see anti-mac comments and anti-console comments.

Almost always it will come down to people not understanding that each platform out there in the world has a purpose. Just because people dont use a computer for the same reason as everyone else doesnt make them wrong...

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I find the whole cycle of things bad. 

People say dont buy AMD and to always buy Intel, yet they will complain the fact that Intel's last two generations hasn't been as big of a step ahead as some where hoping. 

It's a bad cycle that will continue unless AMD has enough money to put towards stepping up their CPU game. 

People say dont buy AMD and to always buy Intel, yet they will complain the fact that Intel's last two generations hasn't been as big of a step ahead as some where hoping. 

It's a bad cycle that will continue unless AMD has enough money to put towards stepping up their CPU game. 

I agree. AMD needs to get competitive.

On the point about Intel not really changing much, neither has AMD. Their lineup backdates to the Sandybridge days. Even then, it wasn't that good, people were disappointed with it's performance and the amount of heat it produced. I want AMD to do well, but I think they will just become less and less competitive. I want to see a new APU with a <90 watt TDP, utilising PCIe 3.0 and outperforming the top of the range 115x i7 at the time.

Compatible with Windows 95