NZXT and Corsair

datvu4202
Go to solution Solved by Smeltie,

i would go nzxt everyday, the h500 is a great case, lots of space, suprisingly very good airflow.
and the looks are killer.
also building is very easy.

Between the NZXT H500 and the Corsair Carbide 275R, which would you choose?

Opinions are based on look, thermal, cable management and price

i would go nzxt everyday, the h500 is a great case, lots of space, suprisingly very good airflow.

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

2 minutes ago, Martijn Klerks said:

what about your opinion on the 275r?

1 minute ago, datvu4202 said:

what about your opinion on the 275r?

well now thats a whole different kind of beast that focusses on different aspects, im personally more a fan of angular and the tight design that nzxt delivers... but the bigger tempered glass windows on the corsair is gorgeous. i havent built in it before, but corsair makes excelent products and i am confident to say that it would be a great case aswell. i think its more about what you think looks the best.

Like so:
which one of these would i like to sit beside me on my desk (if its on your desk)

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

Just now, Martijn Klerks said:

well now thats a whole different kind of beast that focusses on different aspects, im personally more a fan of angular and the tight design that nzxt delivers... but the bigger tempered glass windows on the corsair is gorgeous. i havent built in it before, but corsair makes excelent products and i am confident to say that it would be a great case aswell. i think its more about what you think looks the best.

Like so:
which one of these would i like to sit beside me on my desk (if its on your desk)

the h500 is about 10$ cheaper than the 275r in my case aswell so i might go with it, thanks bro 

they both seem to follow the same principles:
- tempered glass

- big psu shroud

- minimalistic design

- closed front (meaning air has to be drawn in either through the sides, bottom and top or as with the nzxt from the right side of the front panel)

they both seem to follow the same principles:
- tempered glass

- big psu shroud

- minimalistic design

- closed front (meaning air has to be drawn in either through the sides, bottom and top or as with the nzxt from the right side of the front panel)

how many fans do you think is the minimal requirement for each case? i want it to be as silent as possible but as the same time allow the components to breath 

3 minutes ago, datvu4202 said:

how many fans do you think is the minimal requirement for each case? i want it to be as silent as possible but as the same time allow the components to breath 

idk how many fans each case takes to be exact but the nzxt comes with 2 included fans which if they are the same as my nzxt s340 elite's fans are pretty quiet.
and it seems the nzxt can take 2 140mm fans in the front but im not 100% sure

1 minute ago, Martijn Klerks said:

idk how many fans each case takes to be exact but the nzxt comes with 2 included fans which if they are the same as my nzxt s340 elite's fans are pretty quiet.
and it seems the nzxt can take 2 140mm fans in the front but im not 100% sure

i have a pack of 5 fans which i ordered online, they are RGB and i dont know if it will be too crowded 

too crowded isnt a thing there are people with 12 fans in their cases and they are whisper quiet.

too crowded isnt a thing there are people with 12 fans in their cases and they are whisper quiet.

but not for the h500 though. I have seen build guide and they only use 3 fans, 2 of which is the included one and 1 white led. It looks so tight.

The video is of hardware canuck

you should be able to fill every fan slot in the case.

image.png.320857282e0745ee2266e3b64e2281be.png

as you can see you can easily add another fan above this one

you should be able to fill every fan slot in the case.

image.png.320857282e0745ee2266e3b64e2281be.png

as you can see you can easily add another fan above this one

but i think the maximum fan slots in the case is only 4?

2 in the front, 1 back and 1 top?

Just now, datvu4202 said:

but i think the maximum fan slots in the case is only 4?

2 in the front, 1 back and 1 top?

it seems so the thing about 12 fans was a reference to jayztwocent's skunkworks.
but 4 fans should be good enough its the same as i have with my pc (nzxt s340 elite)
which is a very similar case and the temps are great

it seems so the thing about 12 fans was a reference to jayztwocent's skunkworks.
but 4 fans should be good enough its the same as i have with my pc (nzxt s340 elite)
which is a very similar case and the temps are great

well then i dont have anymore questions XD

H500 it is!

16 minutes ago, datvu4202 said:

The NZXT H500 can do triple 120s or dual 140s in the front usually when I build for my client's I get dual air flow 140s at low rpm for nzxt, unless they want a radiator in the front, dual corsair LL 120s with radiator which have pretty good static pressure and rgb

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

Just now, Galion said:

The NZXT H500 can do triple 120s or dual 140s in the front usually when I build for my client's I get dual air flow 140s at low rpm for nzxt, unless they want a radiator in the front, dual corsair LL 120s with radiator which have pretty good static pressure and rgb

tripple fans in the front? i thought there were only 2 slots?

1 minute ago, datvu4202 said:

tripple fans in the front? i thought there were only 2 slots?

You're thinking the H400 not 500

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

1 minute ago, Galion said:

You're thinking the H400 not 500

image.thumb.png.f42814df01243442f0e712140353ae72.pngthey said it here on their site, bro

5 minutes ago, datvu4202 said:

image.thumb.png.f42814df01243442f0e712140353ae72.pngthey said it here on their site, bro

Hmm I see well the 280 rad went in okso my bad lol

Best Value Build List

As for fans number I currently have 9 in my build, but only because it's watercooled, and it's very silent. Before I've never used more than 4 fans, but I you could easily go with less if you are not going for a very silent solution. I still have an office pc with only 2 fans and it's quite enough, not silent but it's ok.

The number of fan depend on the case airflow, just try different layout untill you find the best one for your purpose

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time