TeamViewer13 makes systems incredibly slow

Lerianis

Okay, I know this is not the usual situation for people but I run Android emulators specifically BlueStacks 4 on two of my 3 PC's. One is a Toshiba P50 with an i5 processor and 4400 Intel Graphics and 12GB's memory and another is a Acer A5-571-5552 with the same processor and graphics as the Toshiba machine and 4GB's of memory.

I was looking into using TeamViewer 13 to control the two laptops I use for basically Android machines. I signed up for an account, got all three of my computers connected to the account, booted up TeamViewer 13 and BlueStacks on the Acer and tried to control the Acer computer using it.

Almost immediately I saw framerates in BlueStacks even though the graphics processor was hardly being touched by BlueStacks and TeamViewer 13 (highest GPU usage was 50% and that was an anomalous one, the average was closer to 35%) drop from a good 60fps down to a extremely laggy 15 or less fps.

I thought "Okay... perhaps this is due to the lackluster amount of RAM on the Acer!" Booted up the Toshiba, did the same things, tried to control it from TeamViewer... same story. This is when I started getting a little suspicious about "What in the world is going on here?"

After exiting TeamViewer on both computers, it was instantaneous: I went back up to 60fps in BlueStacks, the games I was playing (Strike Force and Dragon Blaze) went back up to the FPS I had come to expect.

Restarted TeamViewer and even without remoting into the system, the FPS instantly went down on both computers to 15fps.

Has anyone else had this issue with TeamViewer 13 even when using the 'super speedy' settings? I mean the last time I had behavior like this from an application (admittedly I have never used any other remoting software before) it was found to have mining software that was put into it by a malicious actor.

I have contacted TeamViewer about this behavior using their forums but have not heard anything back though the forum thread has not been locked.

Teamviewer isn't capable of doing graphics remotely, it's not designed to do that either. It's for taking control of a PC for troubleshooting purposes mostly, or to change a few settings / setup a few downloads. Simple things like that. If you want to do remote productivity or even gaming, you're barking up the wrong tree.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

yea teamviewer isnt designed for that....nelizmastr is correct....i use it all the time to help fix friends computers and transfer files.

Ah... so it was me expecting too much from TeamViewer. I thought that it might boil down to that. Thank you for your help.

That said, does anyone have an application that is designed for this purpose? Preferably free but if I have to pay up to 50 dollars for the app, I would be more than willing.