CSGO Low FPS With a High CPU usage

Upload

Hey all,

I opened up counterstrike yesterday and noticed my fps was around 40-60 instead of the usual 200-250 I get every other day. I opened up my task manager and noticed that CS alone was running about 90% of my CPU usage. 

Some things to note:
-The fps drop and high CPU usage is only occurring in CS. I ran overwatch and rainbow 6 and the fps in those games were solid.
-I understand that CS is a CPU intensive game, and perhaps I should invest in a new one, but this drop literally happened overnight.
-I have also verified the game files / uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
-the CPU temp is still normal while CS is running.
-I do run 1920 with all lowest possible settings, but like I said everything was working just fine yesterday.
-IMPORTANT: I noticed the fps drop only occurs in multiplayer matches (comp, deathmatch, etc.) When I went offline with bots, the fps was perfectly normal.

Thank you for the help!

Specs:
CPU - i5 6600k
GPU- evga gtx 1070 superclocked
Motherboard - MSI z97 lga 1150 atx 
Ram - 16gb ddr3 
Ssd - sandisk 500gb (where CS and steam are placed)

You may wanna reinstall or verify cache integrity

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

15 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You may wanna reinstall or verify cache integrity

I've done both. "-I have also verified the game files / uninstalled and reinstalled the game."

Just now, Upload said:

I've done both. "-I have also verified the game files / uninstalled and reinstalled the game."

Computer restart too? As well as installing on another drive?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 10/1/2018 at 7:06 PM, Upload said:

I do run 1920 with all lowest possible settings, but like I said everything was working just fine yesterday.

I think doing this makes the game run mostly from your CPU(thus the 90% CPU usage). Try bumping all settings to medium and see what it does.