Gtx 1060 3gb Asus Dual Used for mining - 120$ Should i buy it for Gaming?

Hi Guys. I Found gtx 1060 3gb Asus Dual used for mining ( 1.5 years - bios not changed ) - 120$ Should i buy it for Gaming? He says it's works good right now.

I would consider buying card's used for things like mining somewhat risky. The long-term abuse done to it by running it 24 hours straight probably already has done some degradations to the electronic pathways and even the core and the array of memory chips, which highly reduces the life-span or even might have stability issues out of the box. But still, it has a percentile of turning out just fine but you shouldn't be expecting to run it for another two years.

console.log("way to pro");

1.5 years is a really long time, I'd be concerned about capacitor lifespan but you should check the warranty on it since Asus tracks warrant via serial number. Have the seller ask Asus and find out how much Warranty is left and if there's some coverage you should buy it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

That depends, I would recommend doing a couple things to decide if it's worth it:

1) Ask the dude how he had those cards running. If you're mining, the best way to make profit is reducing power limit to 60-80%. This keeps the card running at less power and running cooler, giving it more longevity. 

2) Check cooling benchmarks and the design of that GPU cooler. If it's making good contact with essential components like VRMs, and still leaves plenty of airflow over the various capacitors over the board, that makes it an even safer buy. Some GPUs will have survived the mining craze better than others, it's too early to say who did better but we can make assumptions based in cooling performance and parts used.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

3 minutes ago, Suika said:

That depends, I would recommend doing a couple things to decide if it's worth it:

1) Ask the dude how he had those cards running. If you're mining, the best way to make profit is reducing power limit to 60-80%. This keeps the card running at less power and running cooler, giving it more longevity. 

2) Check cooling benchmarks and the design of that GPU cooler. If it's making good contact with essential components like VRMs, and still leaves plenty of airflow over the various capacitors over the board, that makes it an even safer buy. Some GPUs will have survived the mining craze better than others, it's too early to say who did better but we can make assumptions based in cooling performance and parts used.

Two offers: Msi armor gtx 1060 3gb, and Asus dual gtx 1060 3gb, what you think which ones VRM cooling better? Both 1.5 years used, both same price.

the 1060 3Gb at that price It's not bad deal, but probably won't be in the best condition. I was surprised to see the 570 Phantom gaming 4Gb at 149$ which is way better choice compared to the limited 3Gb. Also the 570 overclocks nicely I would say you would be better off spending a bit extra and get the Phantom card.