Google Chrome is Running in the Background!

Go to solution Solved by PokiDaSpitz,
Just now, Mr. Question Asker said:

I have tried cleared the cache and the processor I am using is Intel i5 8400, it does not slowing my computer when doing light task but makes a huge slow down when doing Gaming or Video Editing because it is eating 33 to 40% of the CPU buddy!

Have you tried running malwarebytes? maybe theres a malware or smt, cause it can't take up the cpu if its closed...

1 minute ago, Mr. Question Asker said:

makes a huge slow down when doing Gaming or Video Editing because it is eating 33 to 40% of the CPU buddy!

i know... 

Guys, please help me with this annoying problem, it is slowing my computer down!

I have disabled 'Continue apps run in the Background When Chrome is Closed'! (In settings)

I can end this task but it comes back whenever I reboot my Windows!

HELP

Untitled.jpg

Usually helps if you actually close it instead of just minimizing it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Even If I close chrome It still remains as a separate process! and eating 33% of CPU usage!

By the way I forgot to close Chrome when was taking a screenshot! 

Even If I close chrome It still remains as a separate process! and eating 33% of CPU usage! 

show us. close chrome and take another screenshot.

She/Her

50 minutes ago, Mr. Question Asker said:

Here it is!

Have you tried ending the process? what does it say?

Also try uninstalling chorme and see if it helps.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

46 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

Also try uninstalling chorme and see if it helps. 

I have tried reinstalling, but It didn't help!

I have tried ending the task and yeah it closes normally but comes again when I restart the computer!

I have tried ending the task and yeah it closes normally but comes again when I restart the computer!

Try clearing all the cache and cookies etc, what cpu are you running btw?

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

44 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

Try clearing all the cache and cookies etc, what cpu are you running btw?

I have tried cleared the cache and the processor I am using is Intel i5 8400, it does not slowing my computer when doing light task but makes a huge slow down when doing Gaming or Video Editing because it is eating 33 to 40% of the CPU buddy!

42 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

go to the startup tab in task manager and see if you have chrome listed there?

No buddy,

Chrome is not listed there!

Untitled2.jpg

Have you tried running malwarebytes? maybe theres a malware or smt, cause it can't take up the cpu if its closed...

makes a huge slow down when doing Gaming or Video Editing because it is eating 33 to 40% of the CPU buddy!

i know... 

It could be malware or it could be Chrome (so it could be malware or it could be malware :P). Check Chrome settings for auto updating (although I think it's no longer optional, not sure), "allow tabs to work in the background" or something like that, and "pre-load bookmarks/ usual pages / something something", and see if disabling anything that looks like that helps.

No buddy,

Chrome is not listed there!

Check the Task Scheduler as well for anything Chrome related.

41 minutes ago, PokiDaSpitz said:

i know... 

Doing as you said! Downloading it and checking if there is a malware in my computer or not!

38 minutes ago, Mr. Question Asker said:

Doing as you said! Downloading it and checking if there is a malware in my computer or not!

Okay guys!

Firstly I have understood that relying on Windows Defender is not good for Computer!

After installing Malwarebytes, the results are shocking

FOUND 50 THREATS!

Now REBOOTING the computer and hoping to see the problem to be resolved!

Untitled3.jpg

Okay guying the problem is solved!

Saying again Linus Tech Tips Forums is simply amazing and filled with amazing people who really helps others!

PROBLEM SOLVED!

(AFTER REBOOTED THERE IS NO CHROME RUNNING IN BACKGROUND)

THANKS AGAIN!

Untitled4.thumb.jpg.c76f1c344b80f71cbd29fb0d8f1cad22.jpg