Someone help me ram issue

Mattk13

So i had a issue where i had to replace my motherboard about 2-3 months ago and it was working just fine and i deiced to test the 2-4 ram slots i mean the other 2

and when i tried to boot up my pc i got a error code and i reserched it and it said it was the ram so i was like okay... so i tried the same sticks in the 2 other slots and they worked

so the ram is fine but the slots won't work. when ram is in the computer won't post, so i tried flashing the BIOS updating it 

didn't work

I tried to mess with the jumpers 

didnt work

but today i managed to make the computer boot with the 2 rams sticks in the broke slots but it didn't detect the ram. it said 2.00GB and i was like What......

anyway so i took the ram out and put it back in and it wouldn't boot so i switched the jumpers back and i said screw it and didn't try anything else

What could this be. cause i could have 8gb of ram if my computer didn't do this

and im so confused

Probably your motherboard has atleast 1 dead ram slot, or it doesn't like booting with ram in the wrong slots. So try each slot one by one with 1 ram stick and see which one is broken, and read the manual, if the computer likes to boot with ram only in 2-4 slots.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

You didn't specify what CPU you have. If you have an LGA slot, remove the CPU and inspect all of the metal contacts in the slot for damage or contamination. While you have it out, check the CPU pads for contamination as well.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler