NVIDEA GTX 1070Ti

Hiro Hamada

Hey Hey Hey!

1. Is DirectX 12 available with the graphic card?

2. Is the founder's edition good to buy?

3. My whole setup is grounded 100% properly. Should I be worried about bricking the graphics card? Because I've heard a lot of em talking about Electrostatic discharge damages the graphic card first and I wouldn't want to happen

4. The monitor I've ordered has 2HDMI and 1DP so how should I connect it? should I connect 1HDMI to Motherboard and another HDMI to the graphics card? Is that possible to connect? What will be the result?

5. So if I have a graphics card, should I connect the DP to the card or the motherboard I/O?

6. My monitor is Samsung QuantumDot Monitor 24Inch Curved. Will I get enough fps to play smoothly all the extreme graphic games?

My Config...

Intel i7 8700K

Corsair 8GB*2 2400MHz

Corsair H45 CPU Cooler

Corsair TX750M PSU

NVIDEA 1070Ti

SEagate 1TB 72000RPM

No SSD's yet

Hey friend. i don't have answers for all your questions but..

2. doesn't matter which edition as long as the "brand" is a recognized one (msi, asus, founders, evga etc..) check the specs between them as well. remember, a non reference card can have better cooling

3, yes it can happen, if you charge yourself with electrostatic current and touch any board. you basically have to touch the case first and then any board connected to it to avoid any discharge to the board

4. connect the display port one - straight to the gpu. no other display cable connected

cheers

Nvidia doesn't have an E in it's name.

5 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

this is very googleable not really a forum question but yes.

6 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Should I be worried about bricking the graphics card?

no

The monitor I've ordered has 2HDMI and 1DP so how should I connect it?

just use display port

So if I have a graphics card, should I connect the DP to the card or the motherboard I/O?

the card. before you buy a gpu you may want to learn some computers basics first such as the monitor is plugged into the gpu.

7 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

My monitor is Samsung QuantumDot Monitor 24Inch Curved. Will I get enough fps to play smoothly all the extreme graphic games?

no the monitor doesn't dictate the framerate the card produces

I can answer #5 for you, but for the rest I have no clue.

-Definitely connect it to the card, and if you can with an HDMI cable. 

10 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Yes

2. Is the founder's edition good to buy?

Not really, unless your case is real small

3. My whole setup is grounded 100% properly. Should I be worried about bricking the graphics card? Because I've heard a lot of em talking about Electrostatic discharge damages the graphic card first and I wouldn't want to happen

Nothing to worry about here, just don't rub your fuzzy slippers in the carpet

4. The monitor I've ordered has 2HDMI and 1DP so how should I connect it? should I connect 1HDMI to Motherboard and another HDMI to the graphics card? Is that possible to connect? What will be the result?

5. So if I have a graphics card, should I connect the DP to the card or the motherboard I/O?

Graphics card video only, HDMI or DP not important

6. My monitor is Samsung QuantumDot Monitor 24Inch Curved. Will I get enough fps to play smoothly all the extreme graphic games?

Quantum dot doesn't affect frames. What's the resolution?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, I-Emil said:

if you charge yourself with electrostatic current and touch any board.

yeah no , you'd have to shock a part of the board that can be effected by static discharge , not just any board anywhere.

1. Yes

2. Depends on your case. BAd airflow, then the blowers (including the founders) are better. Otherwise, the founders needs to be cheap to be worth buying.

3. Touch the motherboard's metal rear I/O casing (for example the USB ports) will do. Those are grounded.

4. HDMI and DP are display outputs and should only be connected to monitors and display signal adapters if necessary. You do not plug outputs to outputs like graphics card to motherboard.

5. to the card.

6. Yes, assuming 1080p

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Yes

Not really, unless your case is real small

Nothing to worry about here

Graphics card video only, HDMI or DP not important

Quantum dot doesn't affect frames. What's the resolution?

Its a 1920 x 1080 resolution with 144Hz and 16:9 Aspect Ratio

1 minute ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Its a 1920 x 1080 resolution with 144Hz and 16:9 Aspect Ratio

You'll be fine then, 1070 ti can handle medium / high settings in most games at great framerates.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad