Should I optimize my Hybird SSHD as an SSD?

As above really, need a little advice, running a Samsung EVO 840 as my main drive and a Seagate SSHD as my secondary drive to programs and user file. Should I optimize the SSHD as an SSD or does it take care of this itself? Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Why did you get an SSHD if you already have an SSD?

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

They're very similar price to an HDD and with the extra speed, why not?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Maybe he wants accelerated mass storage?

Answering the question, I believe it is supposed to be optimised as a HDD, and the SSHD's controller takes care of not writing to the SSD.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Maybe he wants accelerated mass storage?

Answering the question, I believe it is supposed to be optimised as a HDD, and the SSHD's controller takes care of not writing to the SSD.

Actually my 1TB HDD sounds like its going to fail, so I thought I might as well replace it with a SSHD as its faster. I also have windows profile user data on the SSHD and games etc so fast mass storage is goooood!

I've leave the SSD optimization alone for now... if anything tried it however, I'd like to know.

Let me try to understand this: You're trying to configure the SSD on your hybrid drive as an SSD. But the thing is, you can't. The SSD in your hybrid drive is storing the cache to accelerate the actual hard drive, similar to Intel Smart Response if you had a separate SSD and HDD. There's no optimization needed. Just configure your 840 Evo as your boot drive, get all the updates installed, and your hybrid drive can sit comfortably around working as your mass storage.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Yeah that is how it is set up mate, as above. I have the option, with 3rd party software to optimism the sshd, as a whole, as you would an ssd. Ie, enable trim etc. I just dont know what effect this would have on an sshd?

The SSHD is really just an HDD with a small SSD cache. So no, don't optimize it like an SSD, let it be.