Windows 10 - Applications crash when using the GPU

Hi there,

I have an asus ROG laptop with a gtx 1050. I am running windows 10. Essentially, whenever I try to launch an application that uses the GPU, the application crashes. So all the games in my steam library go unresponsive when launched. Obs will launch, but when I try to do window capture/browser source/etc, it will also go unresponsive too. When I go to my NVIDIA control panel, and I click the "adjust settings with preview", the app also crashes. I think this is an issue with drivers for the GPU, but I'm not sure where to start.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers.

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

Are you on the latest nvidia driver?

Try uninstalling driver, and installing the latest, then restart

2 minutes ago, Laura-Marie said:

Are you on the latest nvidia driver?

Try uninstalling driver, and installing the latest, then restart

Pretty sure I'm on the most recent drivers, but I will try re-installing

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

47 minutes ago, baxtmann said:

Pretty sure I'm on the most recent drivers, but I will try re-installing

Update: When I completly uninstalled the driver, stuff was working (using intel integrated graphics) but once I re-installed the drivers, everything stopped working again.

1 hour ago, baxtmann said:

Update: When I completly uninstalled the driver, stuff was working (using intel integrated graphics) but once I re-installed the drivers, everything stopped working again.

Was it just one certain application that crashes or all of them?

Just now, Laura-Marie said:

Was it just one certain application that crashes or all of them?

Anything that specifically uses the GPU (OBS, Xsplit, Any steam game, Nvidia control panel, etc)

1 hour ago, homeap5 said:

So install older drivers. Maybe it's some bug in new drivers.

tried drivers from August, April, and January, still not working.

Just drivers, not all that nvidia experience stuff.

Also - try to downclock gpu a little using msi afterburner.

Download Furmark and try running it's stress test.

If it fails  try downloading Video memory stress test ( there are dos and windows versions) and run it and look for errors. 

This might sound strange but it might be a psu issue.

8 hours ago, skydecboot said:

Download Furmark and try running it's stress test.

If it fails  try downloading Video memory stress test ( there are dos and windows versions) and run it and look for errors. 

This might sound strange but it might be a psu issue.

Furmark just crashes whenever I try to run a test.

I get this when I run video memory test:

cuda VMT.jpg