(PLEASE HELP) Grinding Noise From Graphics Card (1050 Ti)

Hello,

Hope you are doing well,

So I have 1050 Ti from MSI 4GB Mini version of the card, and a few days ago I heard fan noise from my graphics card, and after that, I have wiped some dust that was on the heatsink and noise was gone, and now running perfectly!

BUT!

My question is, should I worry about my card's fan anymore?

And I am sure that is not a Coil Whine!

--------

- Sorry about, if is there any mistakes in my English

- and Thank you very much in advance to you, if you answer me! :)

Probably still coil whine. Resonance changes over time, with temperature, humidity, etc. My typical advice with coil whine is to get a wooden dowel or blunt wooden pencil, run a benchmark or something that produces the noise, and start poking the components you have access to on the GPU. You can also put the end of your tool against your ear and listen for the noise.

Common solutions are a little dab of silicone caulk on the offending component and pcb to change how it vibrates.

The thing is, unless you regularly clean the fan, it will make the noise again, as it is the dust that is causing it.

13 minutes ago, alexbsajackson said:

Probably still coil whine. Resonance changes over time, with temperature, humidity, etc. My typical advice with coil whine is to get a wooden dowel or blunt wooden pencil, run a benchmark or something that produces the noise, and start poking the components you have access to on the GPU. You can also put the end of your tool against your ear and listen for the noise.

Common solutions are a little dab of silicone caulk on the offending component and pcb to change how it vibrates.

The thing is, unless you regularly clean the fan, it will make the noise again, as it is the dust that is causing it.

100% agree with you!

And will definitely try your suggestion!

Also, want to ask, Is Coil Whine normal? Will it harm my card?

3 hours ago, Mr. Question Asker said:

100% agree with you!

And will definitely try your suggestion!

Also, want to ask, Is Coil Whine normal? Will it harm my card?

saddly, yes