Ideal Cost of This Liquid Cooling Loop?

I was wondering how much it could cost to run a custom loop to a CPU and 2 GPUs, preferably using higher-performance cooling parts.

Feel free to share your own budgets/experiences. 

I'd say 150 to 250 US should do the trick for reasonable mid/high end parts.

for the experience part:

Did watercooling, was ok till it needed maintenance, became too much of a hazzle to deal with, not doing it again, sticking with air is good enough for 99% of the human race :-)

70-100$ per block with 300 or so on rads with another 100 on fittings and tubing. 

so like 600-700$

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

41 minutes ago, Loco said:

I was wondering how much it could cost to run a custom loop to a CPU and 2 GPUs, preferably using higher-performance cooling parts.

I liquid cooled for a buddy one time, the total cost was over 1000, cause he is kinda odd. As i have been told, keep it affordable but still good quality. Custom loop can be sketchy so make sure its really what you want. There are kits that you can buy to help out, ive seen anywhere from 100 dollar loops (like extra sketchy) all the way to 1000 dollar loops. your personal price depends on the length of tubing you buy, what coolant you use/ how much you need, how big your case is (cause no sense buying alot of tubing and coolant for a small case), it depends on what parts you have, some cooling blocks cost more for a certain cpu/gpu and some cost less.

If you give me some more info about your cpu/gpu you want to use i can probably help find an accurate price.

45 minutes ago, Loco said:

Two GPU's is where it's going to get costly. You may actually need two radiators to effectively dissipate that much heat. And it seems that the GPU plates are the most costly part aside from decent radiators. Even almost 20 years ago water cooling a full system was a $500+ price and it certainly hasn't come down much from that since.

On 9/25/2018 at 1:48 AM, GDRRiley said:

70-100$ per block with 300 or so on rads with another 100 on fittings and tubing. 

so like 600-700$

That's more like it, custom cooling is not cheap, rads/blocks/pump or pumps are where you want to focus the cash fittings can be expensive, very expensive actually, but much more options now a days don't have to pay bitspower prices, fans in there too for push pull if you want to go that route, and the end of the day it can cost a shit ton.

I don't even feeling like adding up everything but mine for instance in fans/rads alone are 1259.47 USD but in my case these are the end all be all upgrade it just keeps moving from build to build only thing that changes is the blocks really, I have reused most of my fittings for years but they do show wear I keep them hidden in the back.

(14) Noctua NF-A14 3000 fans $391.30

(2) Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 560mm rads $339.98

(18) Cougar CFD14HBR fans $268.20 USD

(1) Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO 9 $259.99

Oh and distilled water is a must IMO plus some form of a bomb or coil in there this has close to 2 gallons I think flowing around at a dollar a gallon costs f all to change out.

sam_6297(1).jpg

SAM_6510.JPG

SAM_6536.jpg

SAM_6535.jpg

Thermatake Tower 900 Build
Intel® Core™ i7-7700K @5.3GHz -2AVX / ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX + EK-FB ASUS M9A Monoblock 
ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI 11Gb @2114MHz/5780Mhz / DIMM.2 970 EVO 2TB NVMe PCIe M.2 x2 RAID 0
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 80+ PLATINUM / Hisense 65" H9 Plus 4k HDR

you can just use the ekwb configurator to find out what an all EKWB custom loop would cost. With 2 GPUs I'd expect something around $600 and above.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

It's all expensive and little things like fittings add up fast.  By the time it is said and done, I would expect close to $1k.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 4:18 AM, H3LLSMAN said:

That's more like it, custom cooling is not cheap, rads/blocks/pump or pumps are where you want to focus the cash fittings can be expensive, very expensive actually, but much more options now a days don't have to pay bitspower prices, fans in there too for push pull if you want to go that route, and the end of the day it can cost a shit ton.

I don't even feeling like adding up everything but mine for instance in fans/rads alone are 1259.47 USD but in my case these are the end all be all upgrade it just keeps moving from build to build only thing that changes is the blocks really, I have reused most of my fittings for years but they do show wear I keep them hidden in the back.

(14) Noctua NF-A14 3000 fans $391.30

(2) Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 560mm rads $339.98

(18) Cougar CFD14HBR fans $268.20 USD

(1) Watercool MO-RA3 420 PRO 9 $259.99

Oh and distilled water is a must IMO plus some form of a bomb or coil in there this has close to 2 gallons I think flowing around at a dollar a gallon costs f all to change out.

sam_6297(1).jpg

SAM_6510.JPG

SAM_6536.jpg

SAM_6535.jpg

Thanks for your descriptive input!

On 9/24/2018 at 10:43 PM, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

i'd say 150 to 250 US should do the trick for reasonable mid/high end parts.

maybe for a single CPU loop on the low end of perform-ability.

@Loco Depending on where you live, and where you order from i would expect a Single GPU loop  with  CPU to be around 1000$ in the end, 

it will be more if you want 'cool' looking parts (hopefully you do)   and then ontop of that.   Blocks for GPU can be particularily hard to come across new some times depending on the card unless its all  fresh release and  stock hasn't dwindled/been moved to discontinued.

in the end that 1000 cover additional things you might not think of (enough 12V)   better fans, spare tube/fluid.    Look at the Initial Cost as Upfront investment, Keep it in proper upkeep and  it will cost you 'less' per each year you run.

i have idk 1-2K in my liquid parts (not all in use atm) and   i would say its only cost me '5-10$ a month to run Liq the last 8/9 years.   Long term investment/  hardware life /stability.   pick your poison   it will cost a lot.  but be worth it if thats what you want, and its done right.