NEED help with AMD LINUS'S BUDGET BUILD (:

HEY i was just wondering if other graphics cards are compatible with the AMD value build (: such as maybe the gtx 660 ti and other cards like that or does it have to be AMD cards

really sorry very new to PC building, finally building my own pretty keen (:

HEY i was just wondering if other graphics cards are compatible with the AMD value build (: such as maybe the gtx 660 ti and other cards like that or does it have to be AMD cards

Yes other Nvidia Cards are compatible as well. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Yes you can use any graphics card, just make sure your power supply is good enough.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

wow guys thanks for the quick replies haha !
another question do you reckon the value build is worth it ? something to start with ?

another question do you reckon the value build is worth it ? something to start with ?

sure, linus wouldnt have made it if it wasnt! :P

Edit: you mean this system, right? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/93413-december-26th-ultimate-amd-value-apu-pc-build-guide/

If you have some more money, you could throw it at a real cpu (not apu) which wouldnt limit you on the gpu side as fast.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Yes other Nvidia Cards are compatible as well. 

another question do you reckon the value build is worth it ? something to start with

If you use dedicated GPU use 750K or you can wait for non-iGPU variant of Kaveri

sure, linus wouldnt have made it if it wasnt! :P

that is fairly true my friend !! 

with the apu i wasnt sure if he was serious ! that it can play bf4 on medium ? is this serious ! ahaha

If you use dedicated GPU use 750K or you can wait for non-iGPU variant of Kaveri

see im so new thats just words and numbers to me :/ 

so no offence i dont know what that means 

see im so new thats just words and numbers to me :/ 

so no offence i dont know what that means 

yeah, it basically means you get a faster cpu (in that case a 750k, you could also go with an FX series like the 4300 or 6300) which wouldnt bottleneck your gpu. Then you could later on get faster gpus than a 260x whereas with an apu you are pretty "limited"

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

yeah, it basically means you get a faster cpu (in that case a 750k, you could also go with an FX series like the 4300 or 6300) which wouldnt bottleneck your gpu. Then you could later on get faster gpus than a 260x whereas with an apu you are pretty "limited"

intriguing, how much is the 750k ?? and i dont want to 'bottleneck' my card o:

intriguing, how much is the 750k ?? and i dont want to 'bottleneck' my card o:

in the end you pay a little bit more i think but you are more "future proof" (as far as you can say that here :P). If you get an 6790k with a 260x you are good. but when you want to step up to like an cf 290x setup your cpu will slow you down quite a bit.

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

in the end you pay a little bit more i think but you are more "future proof" (as far as you can say that here :P). If you get an 6790k with a 260x you are good. but when you want to step up to like an cf 290x setup your cpu will slow you down quite a bit.

i think in the future ill have more money so i can just upgrade my cpu again aahh 

just at the moment a bit strapped for cash x)

i think in the future ill have more money so i can just upgrade my cpu again aahh 

just at the moment a bit strapped for cash x)

well, how desperat do you need that new pc? ^^ because if you go with an apu you are also limited to the socket, which is FM2. You can only get another apu for that system later on unless you also buy a new mobo. If you have time with the build, why not wait until you can afford something badass? :)

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

i dont wanna wait.. ),:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

just wanna game on PC with decent graphics right now haha well in the next 2 months :P

well, how desperat do you need that new pc? ^^ because if you go with an apu you are also limited to the socket, which is FM2. You can only get another apu for that system later on unless you also buy a new mobo. If you have time with the build, why not wait until you can afford something badass? :)

also linus said that wothout the card it runs bf4 on medium ????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well if you get an AMD mother board with an FM2+ cpu socket you should be okay if you want to change you CPU/APU later on as all the next AMD CPU/APU's are going to be moving to that platform.

also if you wait until the 14th of january the newer and faster APU's are being released. and will only be an extra £5-15 more. and will allow better dual graphics. i.e. the current Richland APU will only run dual graphic with anything upto a Radeon 6670. but the Kaveri APU's (being released on 14/1/14) are capable of running with Radeon 7750(bigger number of the Radeon series is better).

and there is some speculation they may be able to run with anything upto a Radeon 7850 because the highest Kaveri APU is called A10 7850K

Msg me if you need any help with your build :P (not saying that you shouldn't msg anyone else :3)

you reckon i should but the build as soon as i ave enough for everything without the GPU as it can play wiithout it and it would only be another couple weeks id be playing without it 

It seems like a very good board, but you also need to make sure everything you want will work with the board. For example, you want to look at the CPU support list and make SURE that your CPU is supported first. Here is the CPU Support link from the ASrock website http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88X%20Extreme6+/?cat=CPU

Reading the specs off the board and looking at the pictures, I would say that it is very good. It has a 8+2 phase power design so overclocking should be pretty good, if you want to learn how to do it in the future.

For a first time build, I would say this board is perfect imo

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Evan_Owen/saved/3lp2

This is a great value PC that doesn't make too many compromises in performance or looks, and you can always wait until items go on sale for the best deal possible.

This is Canadian Pricing btw so change the country in the top right corner of the page  :)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Evan_Owen/saved/3lp2

This is a great value PC that doesn't make too many compromises in performance or looks, and you can always wait until items go on sale for the best deal possible.

This is Canadian Pricing btw so change the country in the top right corner of the page  :)

Wow that's a very good build too

With that you could swap out the FX-4130 with an 8320/8350 if you wanted and it would be great

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

jeez thanks guys for this !! 

probably going for your first suggestion 

otherwise i was pretty much building linustechtips value AMD build ! but idk !

haha