Easiest way to 'transition' to new mouse?

kingmustard

I have been using a Logitech M510 Wireless Laser Mouse (2010) for a few years now and I love it.

I was recently gifted a Logitech G703 Wireless Gaming Mouse (2017) but I simply can't get used to it.

It's relatively basic, features-wise, so I don't want to bother having Logitech Gaming Software running in the background for the LED lighting, game profiles etc.

However, the cursor speed doesn't feel the same. I'm not sure whether it's the polling rate, the 'acceleration', or something else.

This is what I use for the M510:

eb_m510mouseprop-1.png.45347d1485876ba49c0ea03563af0f40.png

However, using those settings with the G703 feels far different. The speed of the cursor seems to move slower, I think. Could be a placebo.

Is there a way I can, perhaps, view the 'relative speed' of my M510's cursor (is it the polling rate?) and 'transition' the settings as closely as possible to the G703?

Get yourself in a fps game, get a ruler or stripe of paper and your old mouse. Note down where you are looking in the game. Move the mouse the length of the ruler, note where the mouse ends up. Do the same with new mouse adjusting the DPI as you do till you get the same result as with your original mouse

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Just now, Rupe said:

Get yourself in a fps game, get a ruler or stripe of paper and your old mouse. Note down where you are looking in the game. Move the mouse the length of the ruler, note where the mouse ends up. Do the same with new mouse adjusting the DPI as you do till you get the same result as with your original mouse

Simple idea but I bet it's effective 06c428f0-5ab7-45e7-afb2-65b281e667a2.gif

As for Windows settings, I would set pointer speed to 6/11 and uncheck enhance pointer precision. This will reduce the impact Windows makes. Then, like what Rupe said, try to get your dpi as close as possible to what it was on your old mouse.