Nvidia Couldn't Stop This...

Anyone played with NVemulate to see if you can make the cheapo Nvidia cards simulate a real card and register as GSync?

How about simulating GPU hardware in a visualised environment?

12 hours ago, Krizzt0ff said:

I looked online as I have a 480 and a 1080ti. It only works with a APU

that sucks...

She/Her

11 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Surprised you didn't mention that nvidia already uses free-syncs in their laptops, and it was possible at one point(Wendell did it once I think) To try the nvidia GPU into thinking the free-sync display was a "Mobile G-sync" display

Laptops don't have gsync modules in them, gpus comunicate with the display using Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) and nvidia is using vesa adaptive sync in laptops to do gsync over eDP. Moral of the story? they could do it on desktop gpus whenever, they just don't want to.

@LinusTech

Last i heared, doing this with a dedicated AMD card was difficult as the OS wouldnt give the option for a performance mode that used the correct card, it only worked that way with APU's.

The only way it worked with dedicated cards was if the game itself had the option to choose which GPU to use.

Is this still the case, did you look into this for the vid ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

18 hours ago, ipwnscrubsdoe said:

Sorry to ruin the fun for everybody but this only works if you have an amd apu and an nvidia gpu. The reason is that all pci-e gpus show up in windows as high-performance (as of now). So you could have an RX460 and a Titan V but they both show up as high performance, windows is not power consumption aware so it assumes everything that isn't cpu-integrated is an high performance card. I'm assuming Linus did this video on the amd apu because he couldn't get it to work without using looking glass. 

"There are two different ways to go about this, the GPU way and the APU way. So, well be using the APU method." Shame Linus forgot to mention that it only works with an APU before I plugged my R7 260x in and got confused. Cheers for the heads up! (I should of done my research)

For science, can someone supply a VEN DEVID for a AMD APU? I have PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67EF&SUBSYS_05531043&REV_EF for a RX550, and I want to compare driver inis

Just now, Tsusai said:

For science, can someone supply a VEN DEVID for a AMD APU? I have PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67EF&SUBSYS_05531043&REV_EF for a RX550, and I want to compare driver inis

If you're thinking about modifying the driver - GOOD LUCK!

8 minutes ago, Oliver davies said:

If you're thinking about modifying the driver - GOOD LUCK!

I'm curious if the "am I a high performance" question is a registry thing. Windows 10 has to know somehow, right? I don't have the skills to edit a driver, but I haven't seen anything to suggest what I'm looking into isn't a possibility