Is this 1070 card good?

datho

Hey guys,

I decided that I want to buy a graphics card from the 10xx gen because the RTX costs just too much for me and I don't much care about ray tracing. I want to get 1070 because I think it will last some years and I don't need something better because my current setup has 2 1080p60Hz monitors.

Before I buy it I wanted to make sure with you guys it is a good card (I did search google, don't worry :))

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1070-FTW2-DT-GAMING-8GB-GDDR5-iCX-08G-P4-6674-KR-/263727685798?hash=item3d676520a6

My power supply is Antec Neo Eco 550M, my case is Fractal Design Define S and my cpu is 6700K.

Do you guys think everything will be alright?

Thanks in advance!

Sure it is a fine product by EVGA and as far as 1070 price-to-performance ratio goes, is really hard to beat by literally anything in the market. Although imo

card looks a bit ugly but other than that if you're good with it, just why hesitate? go for it. 

console.log("way to pro");

7 minutes ago, datho said:

-

I cant vouch for the ebay seller. But the EVGA FTW cards are generally very good. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

3 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Yeah found 1070's locally for $200 right now.

Great to hear! Sadly in my area new cards (and used as well) go for irrational price. That's why I'm buying one online

4 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

I cant vouch for the ebay seller. But the EVGA FTW cards are generally very good. 

Thanks! It's the official EVGA store so I guess it will be fine :)

6 minutes ago, PatXioPC said:

Sure it is a fine product by EVGA and as far as 1070 price-to-performance ratio goes, is really hard to beat by literally anything in the market. Although imo

card looks a bit ugly but other than that if you're good with it, just why hesitate? go for it. 

Thanks! I agree with you about the look but my case doesn't have a window so I don't really care

3 minutes ago, datho said:

Thanks! It's the official EVGA store so I guess it will be fine :)

Then hit it hard and hit it good.

EVGA is a good brand, the FTW line is good too.

Nice find, make it yours!

2 minutes ago, datho said:

Thanks! I agree with you about the look but my case doesn't have a window so I don't really care

Yeah, then it completely eliminates the fact that it might look ugly. 

But make sure your case has enough free space and ventilation and air flow because MAN, that thing is a beefy card and will draw a lot of energy. 

console.log("way to pro");

25 minutes ago, PatXioPC said:

Yeah, then it completely eliminates the fact that it might look ugly. 

But make sure your case has enough free space and ventilation and air flow because MAN, that thing is a beefy card and will draw a lot of energy. 

I will, thanks. I don't think there will be a problem- my case is really empty right now because the only big thing there is the cooler (Noctua D15). I think the airflow is good enough but in a case of problems I'll just buy more case fans.

Thank you guys, guess I'll buy it right now. Hope everything will be good- it's going to be my first graphics card (I don't count the GTS 450 I had that was pretty weak even in 2011)

WAIT!!! Check the length. If it fits hit it. If not, see if you can dremel the bay cage (or use pliers to bend it, i did it WAY getto but as you i didn't have a side window)

1 hour ago, AdroG23 said:

WAIT!!! Check the length. If it fits hit it. If not, see if you can dremel the bay cage (or use pliers to bend it, i did it WAY getto but as you i didn't have a side window)

It fits, thanks! my case can handle up to 425mm with from fans and the length of the card is 266mm :)

I officially bought it, thanks! 

4 hours ago, datho said:

It fits, thanks! my case can handle up to 425mm with from fans and the length of the card is 266mm :)

I officially bought it, thanks! 

Congrats my man!!! Now GO TO TOWN on that bad boy!!