The world's only 120Hz 1440p IPS monitor!

Jagzz

http://overlordcomputer.com/collections/27-monitors/products/tempest-x270oc-glossy

This is just awesome.

Finally we have everything we want.. in one monitor :D

I'd copy the info here but it's as a picture on the page instead of text.

EDIT: I just noticed that this wasn't that new after all. They had a post of it (http://overlordcomputer.com/blogs/news/7384176-the-overclock-overview) early last year.

Although they start shipping these this month.

I don't think it's possible, is it? Isn't like 90 Hz max you can do on a IPS monitor?

$500?

EUfseAZ.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

i want this and g-sync in one package. is that so much to ask? as long as its 24" or bigger im happy and ill pay the price. anyone know one that will meet these requirements?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

120Hz usually means pretty crappy colours though

umm its ips that mean good colour from what i believe.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I want real reviews on color reporoduction and accuracy. 

$500?

EUfseAZ.gif

$500 isnt to bad for a 1440p 27" IPS with 120Hz

some proart monitors are well over that

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

$500?

EUfseAZ.gif

but how much are you willing to pay for an 120hz, ips, 1440p monitor?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

only 120hz if u overclock your monitor.. check tech specs and the reviews ppl are saying 110hz is the sweet spot and at 120hz it flickers. for $500 i dont want to be fiddling with it and add another thing i gotta worry about

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

Single dvi ? We all know know you most go DP

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

If that would be a 4k 120 Hertz 24 inch IPS or PLS with great colours and G-Synci would be all over it even at 5000$.

I don't think it's possible, is it? Isn't like 90 Hz max you can do on a IPS monitor?

Well, here's a monitor, that's IPS, and can get to 120Hz. So no.

only 120hz if u overclock your monitor.. check tech specs and the reviews ppl are saying 110hz is the sweet spot and at 120hz it flickers. for $500 i dont want to be fiddling with it and add another thing i gotta worry about

But it's the whole point of this monitor.

You buy it to overclock it to the max hertz.

Well, here's a monitor, that's IPS, and can get to 120Hz. So no.

A lot of the korean sellers on eBay say they overclock to 120Hz, zomg so amazing but what it actually does is create an illusion that it seems smoother when it's actually not a true 120Hz. I remember 90Hz being the max Hz for an IPS monitor, the pixels just can't change that fast. It's just a marketing thing.

far too expensive for me  :P

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

Dude.. Your system would be beast if you actiually need that.. 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I had my laptop's IPS up to 137hz.

EDIT: It was just a random LCD.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

I want real reviews on color reporoduction and accuracy. 

$500 isnt to bad for a 1440p 27" IPS with 120Hz

some proart monitors are well over that

I know that.

but how much are you willing to pay for an 120hz, ips, 1440p monitor?$

$0.00

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I know that.

$0.00

then that product ain't for you

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

A lot of the korean sellers on eBay say they overclock to 120Hz, zomg so amazing but what it actually does is create an illusion that it seems smoother when it's actually not a true 120Hz. I remember 90Hz being the max Hz for an IPS monitor, the pixels just can't change that fast. It's just a marketing thing.

As much as i hate comparing tech to cars, i'll do it because it's so easy.

Saying that IPS panels are capped to 90Hz is like saying that car Xs max speed is 300Km/h. Of course you can't drive faster than that with that car, but obviously the car itself could move faster than 300Km/h if you modify/replace the engine. In the monitors' case, they have their customized PCB that allows you to pump up the refresh rate.

then that product ain't for you

That hashtag in your signature just made my day :D

#makebombs

As much as i hate comparing tech to cars, i'll do it because it's so easy.

Saying that IPS panels are capped to 90Hz is like saying that car Xs max speed is 300Km/h. Of course you can't drive faster than that with that car, but obviously the car itself could move faster than 300Km/h if you modify/replace the engine. In the monitors' case, they have their customized PCB that allows you to pump up the refresh rate.

I'm still pretty sure it is physically impossible for the pixels to change so fast, that is at least for the overclocked korean monitors, I have no idea about this one. I'd like to see some tests done to see if it's actually true 120Hz and not some BS.

That hashtag in your signature just made my day :D

#makebombs

It's kinda old :P from a live stream last summer

I'd like to see some tests done to see if it's actually true 120Hz and not some BS.

Freeman%20705.jpg

This