Mouse Unresponsive in Windows After New Parts/MOBO

SenorKiwi

Hi there,

Today I upgraded my mobo, CPU, and PSU and RAM.

The Mouse is now broken.

The Mouse works in bios, but stops working right after windows starts loading. Keyboard works since it is on ps/2, whereas mouse is on usb.

Mobo is: asus prime b360-a. 

Windows 7 64bit

Mouse: Razer deathadder elite,

It's like usb 2.0 or 3.0 jacks on motherboard are not working at all, I tried connecting my phone through the USD port. That didn't work either.

Btw, one thing to note, I haven't installed the motherboard cd (chipset drivers) that I got with the motherboard, could that be the solution? 

Or any other ideas?

You must download and install usb3 drivers for win7. I hope you can do it using only keyboard.

Difficult way - plug your hdd to different computer as second drive and download drivers, unpack them and then plug your hdd into your new motherboard and use keyboard only to install downloaded drivers.

Worst scenario - boot again using old hardware, download every driver you need, then change motherboard... and use keyboard to install drivers (chipset, then usb).

Workaround - buy cheapest PCI-E USB controller, install it using old hardware, change hardware and your PCI-E USB controller will work, so you can use both - mouse and keyboard to install onboard drivers.

You may use special software (mostly paid) to insert drivers into working windows installation, but this is even harder.

B360 have no official support for win7. It will work (I trying that by myself - it's possible and works good, but not as good as win10 on that motherboard).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-To-2-Ports-USB3-0-PCI-E-SATA3-0-6Gb-s-SSD-Chip-Expansion-Express-Card-HOT/173429856948?hash=item2861399ab4:g:kL0AAOSw8-FaWFW0

About cheap USB controller if other options was not good enough.

You still must boot first into your old hardware to install it, but after hardware changes, these ports will work.

16 minutes ago, TheKiwiColonel said:

Hi there,

Today I upgraded my mobo, CPU, and PSU and RAM.

The Mouse is now broken.

The Mouse works in bios, but stops working right after windows starts loading. Keyboard works since it is on ps/2, whereas mouse is on usb.

Mobo is: asus prime b360-a. 

Windows 7 64bit

Mouse: Razer deathadder elite,

It's like usb 2.0 or 3.0 jacks on motherboard are not working at all, I tried connecting my phone through the USD port. That didn't work either.

Btw, one thing to note, I haven't installed the motherboard cd (chipset drivers) that I got with the motherboard, could that be the solution? 

Or any other ideas?

Windows 7 doesn't seem to be supported by that motherboard, can't find any drivers.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 hour ago, syn2112 said:

Windows 7 doesn't seem to be supported by that motherboard, can't find any drivers.

Of course you can't find any drivers if you looking only on manufacturer's website.

But USB controller is not made by Asus or Asrock, but other brands. For example - I have Renesas and Intel USB devices.

Trick is to download drivers for win7 for that specific controllers, not looking on Asus/MSI/ASrock motherboard website.

Or you can try to find them on, for example, similar motherboard - like Asus Prime B150. And what we can find? Well - drivers for Intel USB3.0 for win7 64 bit. :)

Is good to have some useful hardware if you want to made strange installations etc. PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse is one of them. Separate USB controller is useful too.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Of course you can't find any drivers if you looking only on manufacturer's website.

But USB controller is not made by Asus or Asrock, but other brands. For example - I have Renesas and Intel USB devices.

Trick is to download drivers for win7 for that specific controllers, not looking on Asus/MSI/ASrock motherboard website.

Or you can try to find them on, for example, similar motherboard - like Asus Prime B150. And what we can find? Well - drivers for Intel USB3.0 for win7 64 bit. :)

that's very interesting if installing other motherboard drivers with the same controllers actually work :D never thought of it like that

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Controller is mostly the same. It's not chipset, it's just controller.

Better is to find it on Intel website, but it may be more difficult.

And of course is good to read motherboard detailed specification - you may find all informations about brands there.

And another method I forgot - if you have access to internet, you can run TeamViewer quick support and access that computer using TeamViewer from other computer. This will gives you control over mouse and keyboard. Enough for install drivers.