Damaged Video Card (Biscuits)

Hi guys.

I recently obtained an Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 from a friend. It used to work pretty well, but the card in question had a little problem with a bunch of biscuits that melted on the connectors (my friend is actually a messy guy). I removed as much as i could but the DVI connectors are pretty dirty inside (i attached some photos so you all can see it, srry for bad quality my phone is not the best). i don't know what to do, i don't want to throw that card in the rubbish bin because it work and it could be useful somehow. If someone knows hot to clean the connectors, please help

20180921_155330.jpg

20180921_155354.jpg

Clean with rubbing alcohol to avoid any damage, use a cue tip to sponge it off and a toothpick if necessary to plunge the pinouts (be very careful with it, not going too deep)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I would uses rubbing alcohol with a quetip and a vacuum. This is important let the card dry for at least 2 hours after cleaning. The last thing you want is a fluid still on the card when testing. Good luck.

Just now, bradcool22 said:

I would uses rubbing alcohol with a quetip and a vacuum. This is important let the card dry for at least 2 hours after cleaning. The last thing you want is a fluid still on the card when testing. Good luck.

Don't use a vacuum on electronics, it creates static electricity.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Don't use a vacuum on electronics, it creates static electricity.

How would you remove a solid mass of food from a dvi cleanly?

1 minute ago, bradcool22 said:

How would you remove a solid mass of food from a dvi?

Gravity and gumption

Or compressed air like @VegetableStusaid. Hopefully the food will be dissolved enough by the alcohol to come out, and unless the graphics card was stabbed into a biscuit, it should be fine

Primary PC:

Just now, VegetableStu said:

wait hang on, would compressed air do the same thing? o_o

PS: OP hold off the compressed hair for the moment

No, compressed air does not stimulate static electricity.

Primary PC:

If possible to obtain a donor, and you possess decent soldering skills, you may be able to swap the dvi port if you can’t clean that one out.