CSGO Set Console Commands Help

jiyeon
Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,

Do "+fps_max [fps]" and "+viewmodel_fov [fov]"; the "-[command]" commands are meant for launch commands and not console commands executed on launch.

Also, if you're using the Scaleform UI (which you don't seem to be), the FPS cap for that is different.

Hi, so I've recently been into changing some console commands for my gameplay in CSGO, and specifically these two:

] viewmodel_fov 90

] fps_max 300

20180920235844_1.jpg.23e9c10b068fd42b0261481092707bb0.jpg

Is there any way to set these console commands to load in from when I load the game and boot into a match? I find it annoying to have to key these in when I boot as I often forget about these commands and then I have to key them in mid-game.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

There should be an option in Steam to set commands to run on start.

If you right-click on the title in your library, go to Properties, and click on Set Launch Options, you should be able to set those commands in there.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

8 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

There should be an option in Steam to set commands to run on start.

If you right-click on the title in your library, go to Properties, and click on Set Launch Options, you should be able to set those commands in there.

That didn't work, unfortunately. :( 

I inputted the two commands I wanted and even set the fps_max to 60 so I can better see the FPS limit through net graph, but no dice. I launched CSGO, saw the FPS was hovering at 110 on the main screen, keyed in 'fps_max 60' into the console manually, and then the FPS limitted to 60.

yeahno.PNG.9daaf3979c4f996c387b93db3cacff7e.PNG

Do "+fps_max [fps]" and "+viewmodel_fov [fov]"; the "-[command]" commands are meant for launch commands and not console commands executed on launch.

Also, if you're using the Scaleform UI (which you don't seem to be), the FPS cap for that is different.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Of course the Team Fortress 2 nerd knows the Steam console commands, thanks Dan! :D Saved my butt from having to key in console commands every single time I want to play CSGO!

Just now, seoz said:

Of course the Team Fortress 2 nerds knows the Steam console commands, thanks Dan! :D Saved my butt from having to key in console commands every single time I want to play CSGO!

That's one thing that Source games teach you: basic console commands from TF2 usually transfer to CS:GO, and vice versa.

You should be able to set up an autoexec.cfg if that's preferable, although I'll have to test that for myself.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

That's one thing that Source games teach you: basic console commands from TF2 usually transfer to CS:GO, and vice versa.

You should be able to set up an autoexec.cfg if that's preferable, although I'll have to test that for myself.

I've heard of autoexec configs before but I wanted to avoid having to do that, so the launch options method works for me. :D 

Just now, seoz said:

I've heard of autoexec configs before but I wanted to avoid having to do that, so the launch options method works for me. :D 

Autoexec works best for if you have a long list of commands you want to use but don't want to clutter up the launch options.

That or elaborate graphics/control configurations.