Can this do 4k?

KSores

not entirely sure but i doubt that it will be able to stream on 4K, it might even struggle with 1080p. there are a bunch of videos reviewing these sticks im sure you can find some. and if you already own one just try it. better than nothing i guess 

why dont you just try it? never heard of a compute stick

First Computer: 3440x1440 @75Hz ROG STRIX 1080 Ti Core i5 8600K @ 1.415V @ 5.08 GHz Corsair Spec 02 EVGA CLC 280mm

I can't really see the model name from the picture you posted.

But I beehive so. but I don't know the performance you'll get (I am assuming that you have the internet speed and reception behind your TV or monitor to have 4K streaming on wireless)

You'll definitely would need to have it run Windows 10, and use the Netflix app. Get yourself an Air Mouse with a keyboard, and set Windows 10 to either auto start Netflix app, or set the start menu full screen, and change teh windows cursor to large. And you would be set.

Correction: No it does not support 4K

If the HDMI plug is 2.0, it can only do 4k 30fps. It needs 2.1 to do 4k 60fps, so hopefully this compute stick is new enough to have that standard. (and your tv has an HDMI 2.1 port as well)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Defidently Not.. it wouldnt have enough power justl ike your PC

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

1 minute ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Defidently Not.. it wouldnt have enough power justl ike your PC

my pc has the power, it has a 6700k and a gtx 1080 but there are weird lag spikes on my other monitors and i thought this compute stick might be worth trying

That stick has an Atom Z3735F.

Its GPU is based on the Ivy Bridge generation and therefore do not have any type of support for HEVC acceleration, which is what you will need for 4K Netflix. It wasn't until Skylake that HEVC decoding was added.

So the answer is no, it won't work. It will be able to play 1080p just fine though.

1 minute ago, KyleandThings said:

my pc has the power, it has a 6700k and a gtx 1080 but there are weird lag spikes on my other monitors and i thought this compute stick might be worth trying

well then use your pc.. your pc is having a problem that needs to be fixed, then it will run fine.. a little computer stick like that is going to do 100X worse then your gtx 1080 computer 

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

3 minutes ago, KyleandThings said:

Your computer should be able to play it just fine.

Sounds like there is some other issue somewhere, that's unrelated to hardware.

29 minutes ago, KyleandThings said:

idk waht it is, i have no lag issues with youtube or twitch. it's just netflix

whats your internet speeds? netflix wants very fast internet to even run 1080P smoothly.. so 4K will be even worse

Now that I am home, I am seeing the model of the ComputeStick, and no 4K support is not possible,