suggestions about a graphic card and prices ($180 budget)

squallypo

Hello everyone, im currently on the search for an upgrade for my current gtx 750ti , and as mentioned in the tittle im on a budget of $180.

with that being said im aiming to at least get an rx 570 4gb i think that would be a solid upgrade, but then again is it?

im also aware of the new gpu's that are coming around soon from nvidia, but i do not know if thats gonna affect the current prices for my benefit or just make it worse.

there for i wanna know if right now is the moment to buy, wait for black friday /December offers or wait till jan next year or so (can only wait till march ).

a few things to clarify: the item will be bought in USA but  my sister is gonna deliver it to me overseas (im not in usa right now)

my current system: i5 4590 3.3, 8gb ram 1600, gtx 750 ti 2gb oc asus, evga 500w 80 white plus.

if theres anything else to share please let me know, thanks for your time.

Wait a little bit and see if you can get a 1060 6gb under $200. Black friday is probably your best bet.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

RX 570 isn't a bad card.

Personally, I would hunt for a cheaper 980, as that's right about the price range you can find one in.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

If you are willing to go used, used r9 390X or maybe a r9 fury/nano, or just get a rx 570 4gb.

For 190 after mail in rebate you can get a 580 8gb and assassins creed odyssey

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

due to not living on USA its not ideal to get a used card, trust me i considered that for sure.

someone mentioned an 980 while being a powerful card its already getting old gen though right? thats why i was looking for something not so old and not that new either but right for me and budget, i dont wanna keep changing parts over and over from 2 years now, hence my lovely gtx 750ti.

1 minute ago, squallypo said:

due to not living on USA its not ideal to get a used card, trust me i considered that for sure.

someone mentioned an 980 while being a powerful card its already getting old gen though right? thats why i was looking for something not so old and not that new either but right for me and budget, i dont wanna keep changing parts over and over from 2 years now, hence my lovely gtx 750ti.

Rx 570 4gb it is much better than your 750 ti. 180 usd new.

Just now, hconverse02 said:

Wait a little bit and see if you can get a 1060 6gb under $200. Black friday is probably your best bet.

yeah that was my aim as well, but realistically speaking i dont see that happening dude :( but im willing to wait till black friday to see whats up, either way the card is gonna sit for months without being used due to my sister coming back till march :/ which is a bad thing as well since i wont be able to test if the card has no problems incase of needing of returnal to the retailer, so gonna have to deal with the manufacter instead, it is what it is though im conscious about it.

Just now, huilun02 said:

The RX 570 is the best you can get brand new right now under $180

And yes it will be a significant upgrade

Nvidia won't be releasing anything new at this price point any time soon, so the only hope for better cards (probably GTX 1060's and RX 580's) to drop this low, is to wait for year end sales.

lets put ourselves in the current scenario, theres an offer over newegg for an rx 570 gygabyte gaming edition for 187.23 taxes already included and already applied the code discount, which is fine for me still can push the extra dollars, but as you are saying there could be a chance of getting better prices or a better card with similar prices later on... i hate to put myself in this situation of deciding lol, but its crucial for me to get the best choice.

Just now, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

i would too but i doubt my relatives are gonna wait to do the hassle of rebating.

Just now, squallypo said:

lets put ourselves in the current scenario, theres an offer over newegg for an rx 570 gygabyte gaming edition for 187.23 taxes already included and already applied the code discount, which is fine for me still can push the extra dollars, but as you are saying there could be a chance of getting better prices or a better card with similar prices later on... i hate to put myself in this situation of deciding lol, but its crucial for me to get the best choice.

RX 580 is currently best price/performance card on the market.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

thanks everyone for your quick and awesome suggetions/responses you are great! the conclusion i can get due to my situation with the budget, waiting time, not being in USA comes to either buy the rx 570 right now with the offer from newegg, or wait till blackfriday for a miracle /end of the year sales (again miracle) love ya all.

one last thing, is gigabyte quality product? has good Customer Service? i usually go for Asus or even EVGA but as is right now i think its out of the question.

5 hours ago, squallypo said:

one last thing, is gigabyte quality product? has good Customer Service? i usually go for Asus or even EVGA but as is right now i think its out of the question.

I may be an outlier here, but I've had a terrible experience with Gigabyte. Bought a 1050ti from them a little over a year ago and it has never worked correctly despite 3 separate RMAs. I've given up on it and now I've been looking for a new card. I recommend you check out r/buildapcsales. I've been checking it daily, and while I haven't nabbed anything yet, there have definitely been some deals better than a 570 for $180.

can get used 1070 for around $230 on ebay if wait for 15% site wide promo day under $200

not going for something used for the reasons i stated before on this thread, and well @greenlotad thats one negative to gigabyte then.. i know it can happen to anyone and it could even happen with Asus, msi, evga but yeah ive never bought gigabyte products so thats why i was asking, ive only used Asus and Evga.

btw apparently newegg was hacked recently... good thing i havent made my purchase yet.