1080ti = 2080

DVA

Hey everyone! I'm sure by now you've seen the new 2000 series benchmarks video on one of the Tech YouTube channels such as JayzTwoCents.

Thoughts on the 1080ti OUTPERFORMING the 2080 in a lot of titles? Obviously the 2080 pulled ahead in some as well, but if the 1080ti was behind it wasn't by much. It was very often only behind by 1-9 frames which is not bad at all!

Yes you still get Rtracing with the 2080, but what are your guys' thoughts on them being near identical in benchmarks? 

Do you think the 1080ti price will drop as some expected? Or keep steady with this new information out? Will some of you who were on the fence about getting a 2080 now keep your 1080 or 1080ti?

Looking forward to your responses!

Here's the thing. We haven't gone anywhere this generation if you are a gamer who doesn't do compute or cares about ray tracing. Sure a 2080 is about a 1080 ti, but it costs basically what a new 1080 ti did. If you want to go used, a 1080 ti can be had ~$600, so much cheaper than a 2080.

The 1080 Ti has more memory bandwidth than the 2080, so of course there are going to be situations where the 1080 Ti performs better - especially at 4K. The 2080 seems to be intended as a 1440p-crushing card, including raytracing features. At 4K it would probably struggle with any raytracing stuff enabled anyway.

(heck depending on how hard the developer is pushing raytracing, the 2080 might even need to drop to 1080p to run well)

It depends on how much of a performance hit games that implement Ray Tracing will put on the card.

Depending on how well that's integrated, you may end up being limited to normal FHD resolutions on the 2080 should you want buttery smooth with all the bells and whistles...but it's hard to say just yet

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Wow, this is sad. We get double the price increase from Nvidia and a 30% performance increase. This is some corporate greed shit. RTX could wait 3 generations as the 2080 Ti struggles to hit 60fps at 1080p from what we see.  My entire PC build was around the same price as the 2080 Ti and only 30% slower GPU wise. 

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz

...and keep in mind those testings are following nvidia's testing guide...

nvidia told what settings to use for each resolution, they know what run better on RTX vs GTX and they tipicaly also speicify not to run any cards overclocked...which would favor a 1080ti with overclocking. :D

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 hour ago, SSJGodemis said:

RTX could wait 3 generations as the 2080 Ti struggles to hit 60fps at 1080p from what we see.

Which test was that?? O.o  I haven't seen any of the YouTube content yet but I looked across the extensive Guru3D article

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

4 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Which test was that?? O.o  I haven't seen any of the YouTube content yet but I looked across the extensive Guru3D article

From what has been shown in demos and leaks. Sure, drivers and implmentation need to be optimized. So maybe I am wrong.

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz

52 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

...and keep in mind those testings are following nvidia's testing guide...

nvidia told what settings to use for each resolution, they know what run better on RTX vs GTX and they tipicaly also speicify not to run any cards overclocked...which would favor a 1080ti with overclocking. :D

This, I wonder how they would compare if you just set them at the general Ultra preset instead of using the "special" 2000 series settings.

12 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

This, I wonder how they would compare if you just set them at the general Ultra preset instead of using the "special" 2000 series settings.

If you want that, watch this video form TechYesCity the guy got a card directly from Gigabyte so it's a non founders cards so he did not had to sign the contract with nvidia and follow their stupid ''how to make new cards shine better'' reviewers guide...so he tested with GTX 1080ti and GTX 1080ti OVERCLOCKED and used simple ultra presets and what not...this review is FAIR...and to my knowledge it's the only one that is so far:

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR