How can i imporve my mic volume without using windows mic booster thingy.

Xander Cousins

Sooo i use to have my mic on +30dbs with the mic set on 100% already. But since i started recording/streaming i would perfer not to have alot of background noise that the mic boost generates but without the mic boost it has a clear voice come through, but Discord, OBS and other programes doesnt hear me loudly. As i am supposedly very quiet because of it.

So my question is how to i get the microphone to increase my voice without causing their to be too much background noise.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Either buy a better microphone or play with OBS audio slider - see where is the fine line of volume and static noise, other than that you don't have much options.

Use audacity to record and reduce noise afterwards and sync up with your video.

Magical Pineapples

I played with the OBS slider and it didn't do much i may have to just do what @EMC suggested and record the audio with audacity and sync it up later and refine the background noise that way :/. like it shows OBS picking up my mic and all but doesn't hear it as loud as it is display for me.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Because the audacity thing would work for Recordings but for Streaming it would be an issue as that audio will be live and doesn't have time to be sent through and cleaned/ polished off if you would say. So i can deal with the Recording audio part with post editing but the Stream stuff is where i am stumped.

So i found something out for some reason every time my computer starts to play sound, it wont play my microphone but if i have the sound of the computer disable or not playing something then my mic is able to be picked up odd thing is on both test OBS see's my mic transmitting