fiio e10 + sennheiser hd 558 = good combo?

HemilTV

So are they a good combo, and will they work well together?

Thanks

corsair carbide 300r with corsair quiet af120 fans | i5 4670k OC Genie'd @ 4GHz coolermaster hyper 212 evo w corsair sp120 quiet fanasus gtx 670 2gb direct cu2 edition |

msi z87 gd65 gaming mobo | Corsair AX 760 | 128gb samsung 840 pro ssd Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB

Peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Logitech M705 | Razer Arctosa | Sennheiser HD 598 | Turtle Beach P11s round my neck (used as a mic)| Steelseries QCK Heavy | BenQ XL2430T

sennheiser HD558 will sound good enough with your onboard motherboard sound, remember to plug it up in the back.

The audio FAQ has the answer for this question.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Then don't answer them :)

Then dont freaking comment. Either answer the question or leave it.

Settle down friends, his pain is understandable. 

The audio subforum will always be an incredibly daunting crusade. 

Error: 410

I'm really tired of questions like these.

Should be used to it by now  :rolleyes:

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

I'm really tired of questions like these.

We need tacos as compensation.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

All ears are different let us know how the combo sounds to you :) I love my HD595s. Sennheiser is my favorite headphone company. I would take the plunge and check out the combo yourself, thats what makes hifi fun. I am hesitant to trust audio reviews just because every ear hears differently every listener has different sound preferences one setup is perfect for guy A but sounds muddy to guy B. Make a review for us :). Also London is one of the epicenters for HiFi enthusiasts in the world I am sure you could find somewhere to test several sets out before you buy them. There are some great hifi companies that are making headphones in the UK that the US does not have access to so shop around make a day of it. 

Sound quality was sweet with on board, just wasn't loud enough, so am using a stereo amplifier at the moment, just waiting for my e17 to arrive.

#!

If you currently have the 558 and have one of the new motherboards with new onboard sound, I suggest you stick with it as the 558 doesn't benefit from amping as much as some of his older brothers. Then again, the E10 is very decent and has multiple uses. An external dac can come in super useful especially if you're using a laptop. 

The e10 itself isn't that much better than most onboard chips. If you're on the go alot I recommend the e12. If not a great buy is the O2+ODAC. It's completely neutral and sounds awesome. It's basically a wire with gain.

i5 4670k @ 4.5Ghz | ASUS R9 290 | Swiftech H220 | Fractal Define R4 Titanium | OCZ Vertex 4 128GB | 2 x Seagate Barracude 1tb | 16GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance pro | MSI G45 Z87 Mobo | Essence STX | U2312HM | Razer Orbweaver, Logitech G600, Ducky Dk9087 shine 3 MX Blue | Corsair RM650 | Swan M200mk3, PC360, WA7 Fireflies, HD800, O2+ODAC, MrSpeakers Mad Dog |

I mean I just saw both of Teksyndicate's audiophile myths videos and yet I'm still not exactly sure of the benefits of a DAC are. He just stated to get one is all. I have an msi z87-gd65. Will that suffice? Is the £61 for the fiio e10 worth it? Finally what does it do that my motherboard doesn't do. Does the fiio e10 just produced a higher level of volume or does it improve sound quality of the hd 558?  As I'm sure you have guessed, I'm new here to the audio section :/

corsair carbide 300r with corsair quiet af120 fans | i5 4670k OC Genie'd @ 4GHz coolermaster hyper 212 evo w corsair sp120 quiet fanasus gtx 670 2gb direct cu2 edition |

msi z87 gd65 gaming mobo | Corsair AX 760 | 128gb samsung 840 pro ssd Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB

Peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Logitech M705 | Razer Arctosa | Sennheiser HD 598 | Turtle Beach P11s round my neck (used as a mic)| Steelseries QCK Heavy | BenQ XL2430T

I mean I just saw both of Teksyndicate's audiophile myths videos and yet I'm still not exactly sure of the benefits of a DAC are. He just stated to get one is all. I have an msi z87-gd65. Will that suffice? Is the £61 for the fiio e10 worth it? Finally what does it do that my motherboard doesn't do. Does the fiio e10 just produced a higher level of volume or does it improve sound quality of the hd 558?  As I'm sure you have guessed, I'm new here to the audio section :/

The point of the video was that you don't need a soundcard, not that you need an external DAC/amp. For some headphones, you need an extra amp to provide the voltage required for desired volume. Other that, it's sometimes nice to have a DAC built into the amp because why not. Having the full solution external can reduce possible interference from PC components and is just all-round more gooder, even if it doesn't really sound better. It can sound better, but that's not always the situation.

I have a $700 tube amp + DAC, and I can say without a doubt, it doesn't sound any better than my onboard audio. It's nice hardware, a pretty desk ornament, and that's about it.

The point of the video was that you don't need a soundcard, not that you need an external DAC/amp. For some headphones, you need an extra amp to provide the voltage required for desired volume. Other that, it's sometimes nice to have a DAC built into the amp because why not. Having the full solution external can reduce possible interference from PC components and is just all-round more gooder, even if it doesn't really sound better. It can sound better, but that's not always the situation.

I have a $700 tube amp + DAC, and I can say without a doubt, it doesn't sound any better than my onboard audio. It's nice hardware, a pretty desk ornament, and that's about it.

$700 for a desk ornament? Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown

$700 for a desk ornament? 

If i had that money to spend, i'd spend it on a tube amp, not that they sound better but i loooooooooove the way they look, ever since the fallout 3 teaser came out

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I would try just using the onboard audio, but if you feel like it doesn't do everything you need it to go ahead and buy the fiio e10

If i had that money to spend, i'd spend it on a tube amp, not that they sound better but i loooooooooove the way they look, ever since the fallout 3 teaser came out

$700? I can build you something for $20 that just lights up a tube if that's all you're after :)

$700? I can build you something for $20 that just lights up a tube if that's all you're after :)

can you also make it heat all my room?

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

This sound card is way overpowered for your headphones.

Use the MB one and get better headphones like HD 598

can you also make it heat all my room?

Sure, I can grab a tube from an old radio tower. You'll probably get cancer in a few weeks, but I can do it.

CIMG5217.jpg

This is actually a small one. I've seen ones that are about the size of a 10 year old.

Yes it is a good combo. What most people don't realize is that impedance of headphones is not the same for all frequencies. The Sennheiser HD 558 tops out at about 300 ohm impedance for certain frequencies so your onboard might not be enough to properly drive them. That depends on which motherboard you use though.