First custom build!!

Kameronl93

I am very very proud of my first actual build. Rather than upgrading a prebuilt I finally made my own choices. 

32gb corsair vengeance Rgb 3200 

Asus maximus X code

Fractal s36 aio

250g m.2 870 

1tb evo 860 ssd

Nzxt h700 black/blue

Corsair ml120 x6

Corsair ml140 x1

Cable mod pro kit

Sata sleeved cable

Corsair Mlpro blue fan corner replacements 

Ftw 1070 is a place holder for rtx 2080

Choice for rtx 2080 is I game in 1440p which theoretically should be perfect. 

Any thoughts or suggestions as this is my first build from scratch?

20180917_124519.jpg

20180917_124528.jpg

20180917_120656.jpg

20180917_115936.jpg

20180917_115949.jpg

Ticks all the right boxes for me. Great job.

5 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

I'd lick that.

Only if I drive up there so you can delid it :D

7 hours ago, Kameronl93 said:

I am very very proud of my first actual build. Rather than upgrading a prebuilt I finally made my own choices. 

32gb corsair vengeance Rgb 3200 

Asus maximus X code

Fractal s36 aio

250g m.2 870 

1tb evo 860 ssd

Nzxt h700 black/blue

Corsair ml120 x6

Corsair ml140 x1

Cable mod pro kit

Sata sleeved cable

Corsair Mlpro blue fan corner replacements 

Ftw 1070 is a place holder for rtx 2080

Choice for rtx 2080 is I game in 1440p which theoretically should be perfect. 

Any thoughts or suggestions as this is my first build from scratch?

Very clean build!

only suggestion i have is, have the fans on the radiator as intake.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

cool, impressive for "first actual build", (what happened to non actual builds lol)

how much and how long did you yourself research for all these?

1 hour ago, wildthing said:

Very clean build!

only suggestion i have is, have the fans on the radiator as intake.

Holy crap I feel bad, they are supposed to be. Got 3 hours of sleep before parts got delivered was sure to make a mistake somewhere xD

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

cool, impressive for "first actual build", (what happened to non actual builds lol)

how much and how long did you yourself research for all these?

Spent quite a bit of time picking each one. Wanted 8700k instead as a place holder for 9 series, but 8086 was on a massive sale for 20 more than 8700k, s36 has built in fan hub and a super clean look for block. Hard to beat ML fans. The maximus X code is by far the best looking z360 imo so that was easy.

For a first build or not, that's nice and clean friend. Well done. Does it live upto your dreams? I only have one observation I just noticed. It looks like all your fans are pushing air out. I mean that won't kill anything but if you wanted to add abit of better airflow you could flip your top fans and turn them into intake, that would work well and would be easier then flipping the fans on the radiator. Plus if you flip the top fans you wont see the ugly back of the fans if you were to flip those on the rad. Good luck and nice work again.

7 minutes ago, cartdog said:

For a first build or not, that's nice and clean friend. Well done. Does it live upto your dreams? I only have one observation I just noticed. It looks like all your fans are pushing air out. I mean that won't kill anything but if you wanted to add abit of better airflow you could flip your top fans and turn them into intake, that would work well and would be easier then flipping the fans on the radiator. Plus if you flip the top fans you wont see the ugly back of the fans if you were to flip those on the rad. Good luck and nice work again.

Yeah going to flip the radiator fans, as the intake filter is on the front of the case. Only a couple cables to manage after doing so. Just noticed that from another response XD. Like I told him 3 hours of sleep and anxious as all hell to get it done I completely overlooked that. 

1 minute ago, Kameronl93 said:

Yeah going to flip the radiator fans, as the intake filter is on the front of the case. Only a couple cables to manage after doing so. Just noticed that from another response XD. Like I told him 3 hours of sleep and anxious as all hell to get it done I completely overlooked that. 

If that is the worst you did in a first build, then thats impressive.

1 minute ago, cartdog said:

If that is the worst you did in a first build, then thats impressive.

Ive helped some friends and family with some but mostly part choices and some cable management. I had a prebuilt that I added too before this. So technically this is the first ground up system for me personally!!