Which MSI motherboard for AMD?

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/Hy97YJ/msi-b450-tomahawk-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/product/pBWfrH/msi-b450-a-pro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-a-pro

Which one of these will fit the best for my build with a Ryzen 5 2600 and a GTX 1070? I will use it for gaming, video editing and the like. I am trying to keep the price as low as possible, I just want to know if I get any major benefits from the Tomahwak compared to the -A pro. RGB isn't important to me and neither is overclocking.

The B450 gaming Plus. But if its more expensive then just pick any of these you like or is cheapest. They are all prety much just the same motherboard with barely any differencess. But the B450 Gaming Plus has a bit better VRM cooling than those you listed.

doesnt matter

B450 its came with bios updated and work with ryzren 2 gen without any problem

its also work with ryzen gen 1 ( bc bios updated )

but when you b350 you should update the bios ( with ryzen gen1 ) then you can use 2 gen ryzen

so pick b450 for 2 gen you didnt need update bios

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

The B450 Gaming Plus is of better value, but with so minor differences that a gamer does not care about. If I was you, ou Gaming Plus would be my pick for the Rig's heart. But considering your "low as possible" budget, you really don't need to think a lot about choosing between one of them. If you wanna be future proof, then the Gaming Plus, and again, even future proofing would be on minor factors.

18 minutes ago, WereCat said:

The B450 gaming Plus. But if its more expensive then just pick any of these you like or is cheapest. They are all prety much just the same motherboard with barely any differencess. But the B450 Gaming Plus has a bit better VRM cooling than those you listed.

13 minutes ago, Fahad ALme said:

doesnt matter

B450 its came with bios updated and work with ryzren 2 gen without any problem

its also work with ryzen gen 1 ( bc bios updated )

but when you b350 you should update the bios ( with ryzen gen1 ) then you can use 2 gen ryzen

so pick b450 for 2 gen you didnt need update bios

11 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

The B450 Gaming Plus is of better value, but with so minor differences that a gamer does not care about. If I was you, ou Gaming Plus would be my pick for the Rig's heart. But considering your "low as possible" budget, you really don't need to think a lot about choosing between one of them. If you wanna be future proof, then the Gaming Plus, and again, even future proofing would be on minor factors.

Thanks guys you were very helpful since i was uncertain. :)

2 hours ago, KingBlue72 said:

Thanks guys you were very helpful since i was uncertain. :)

Helpful, yeah we are here for help :) 

Word of warning: I am not impressed with MSI build quality, for example, I took my graphics card out of the motherboard and the port came with it. Instead of being soldered in, there was a set of clips holding it in the board. That was a $300+ board.

1 hour ago, Jenshiye said:

Word of warning: I am not impressed with MSI build quality, for example, I took my graphics card out of the motherboard and the port came without it. Instead of being soldered in, there was a set of clips holding it in the board. That was a $300+ board.

that has been reported on ASUS and Gigabyte boards as well as others.

17 hours ago, KingBlue72 said:

that has been reported on ASUS and Gigabyte boards as well as others.

I checked my replacement ASUS x99E board when I got it. Very solid soldered point there. I think the board would have to split to let that port come out now.

21 hours ago, Jenshiye said:

Word of warning: I am not impressed with MSI build quality, for example, I took my graphics card out of the motherboard and the port came with it. Instead of being soldered in, there was a set of clips holding it in the board. That was a $300+ board.

Thats the problem lately, the last few years I've returned couple of motherboards that we supposed to be the MSI top models but their bios was just a mess, things didn't apply, conflicts and not very stable overclocking...

17 hours ago, Jenshiye said:

I checked my replacement ASUS x99E board when I got it. Very solid soldered point there. I think the board would have to split to let that port come out now.

But still the  thi g is that it doen't happen to every board. You are very unlikely to come across this åproblem even once with the modern boards we have today. Think of it as a overclocked CPU. A CPU might overclock to lets say 5 ghz, but another chip of the exact same model might just go up to 4,8 ghz without starting to be unstable. It's always a gamble if you get a stable and well built product since they are all different in some way. So saying that your motherboard broke just becasue it's a MSI-board is wrong. Since the chance of it happening on an ASUS board for example are the same.

14 hours ago, KingBlue72 said:

But still the  thi g is that it doen't happen to every board. You are very unlikely to come across this åproblem even once with the modern boards we have today. Think of it as a overclocked CPU. A CPU might overclock to lets say 5 ghz, but another chip of the exact same model might just go up to 4,8 ghz without starting to be unstable. It's always a gamble if you get a stable and well built product since they are all different in some way. So saying that your motherboard broke just becasue it's a MSI-board is wrong. Since the chance of it happening on an ASUS board for example are the same.

I am dating this one by it's Youtube video.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X99A-SLI-PLUS.html

How modern a board are you talking about? 2014 isn't particularly old (and I think I had a newer revision).

Also, why as it assembled with little clips into the board and not solder?

As to MSI, they used to brand themselves as Micro-Star International, through the '90s, they became well known as a very cheap brand with a high failure rates. They rebranded (I was suckered by this) and have since managed to change the image to being more along the lines of, "cheap but high performance" (note the contrast to, "amazing build quality, high value and great performance.")

Personally, I would now go only for ASUS for a gaming machine and Gigabyte for office ones.