Looks like every component gives error??

partymarty

Hello guys,

A long post ahead.

The pc where the question is about:

Parts from the store:

Ryzen 5 - 1600x
MSI B350 PC MATE
Ballistix Sport LT 2x8gb 2400MHz CL16 1.2V
Corsair CX-M Series CX650M 
Kingston A400 240gb
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM010 (1TB) (7200 RPM)
Coolermaster Hyper T4
CoolerMaster Masterbox Lite 5

Parts I've used from an earlier build:

AMD Radeon RX460

At first:

The pc crashed almost immediately after boot, after some troubleshooting the MOBO was faulty and was sent to a store for replacement. MOBO got replaced.

After that:

Pc kept crashing, but now in like 10-15minutes when idle. CPU was faulty. Sent it to the store, got it replaced because it was indeed faulty.

After that:

8gb of the 16gb of ram didn't work, kept getting weird crashes and Windows+bios only saw 8gb of ram. Again sent it to the store, was indeed faulty, got it replaced, yay, lets use the pc again....

nope.

Now the pc can be used for a changing amount of time (sometimes 17 hours, sometimes 10-15minutes), but it still crashes. It won't crash anymore when Idle, but now it crashes when watching youtube videos. When the crash happens this is what I see:

1- Videos start buffering

2- All open programs are getting white and show 'not responding' message.

3- windows freezes/locks, pc can only be shut down with the POWER button.

I think this is a SSD error.

But how the F... can this happen?

It's impossible that 1 store (of whom I've bought over 10.000 euros of parts from and never had a single problem with) sent me 4 faulty pc parts... At this point the CPU, RAM, mobo and SSD are giving errors all over the place. 

I think there MUST be 1 part that made all the other parts fail on me, so I'm starting to look at the PSU. Because PSUs are known to destroy an entire pc with 1 single error + the PSU is on the low-end side of things. But how the heck do I prove this?

Any suggestions? I'm starting to get out of ideas on how to fix this system...

I think it's near impossible that all those parts died on themself.

EDIT:

I have quite a lot of pc repair experience, have done it for several years in a company. So I'm not some random guy that has no clue what to do :)

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

Looks like either bad drivers or a bad PSU.

But , it is corsair CX M which is a quality PSU.

Try replacing the PSU.

You have bad luck, bro.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

1 minute ago, Void Master said:

Looks like either bad drivers or a bad PSU.

But , it is corsair CX M which is a quality PSU.

Try replacing the PSU.

You have bad luck, bro.

I've done several software tests (reinstalled Windows several times, tried with manually installing drivers, tried with Windows update to install the drivers). So I'm rather sure it's a hardware component that destroyed the other components.

Im pretty sure CX M is more mid range than a "good high-end" PSU. 

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

Just now, partymarty said:

I've done several software tests (reinstalled Windows several times, tried with manually installing drivers, tried with Windows update to install the drivers). So I'm rather sure it's a hardware component that destroyed the other components.

Im pretty sure CX M is more mid range than a "good high-end" PSU. 

But the CX M rarely fails .

It is made from quality components FOR IT'S PRICE .

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Have you tried memtest?

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

3 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Have you tried memtest?

Yeah, I've even done a memtest on the brand new ram kit.

First 2x8gb ram got replaced with a new kit :)

could it be a bad ram slot? i know one of  my pc i have has one. that was a manf issue.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

14 hours ago, dogwitch said:

could it be a bad ram slot? i know one of  my pc i have has one. that was a manf issue.

The ram was replaced by the store, now all 16gb works (still using slot 1 and 3)

As I said in my original post:

"

After that:

8gb of the 16gb of ram didn't work, kept getting weird crashes and Windows+bios only saw 8gb of ram. Again sent it to the store, was indeed faulty, got it replaced, yay, lets use the pc again....

nope.

"

ah ok. i mess that some how. hmm very strange.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC