Corsair vs 450 with aigo xj starship ?

Go to solution Solved by MD Utsho,
5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

image.png.d036ddacaa1db962155eb93a5f9a46ac.png

Because of the PSU shroud at the bottom? That won't be an issue. It will only add a very small amount of extra length required to route the cable behind the tray and through one of those cable holes.

The entire case is only 420mm high top to bottom. As mentioned, your PSU cable length with the Corsair VS450 is 550mm. You will have plenty of extra cable length for routing the cable behind the tray and up and out of the cable hole to cable manage it.

? Wow ok then , ill go for this casing then 

Really You helped me a lot

Thanks mate 

I am currently using Corsair vs 450.
So I have a casing in my mind thats aigo XJ Starship
But my question is Corsair 450 has too short 24 pin connector.
And in aigo casing I have to take all the cable from the right side.
So can I reach the 24 pin to my motherboard? 
If I cant, should I go for antec gx200?
In this cassis I won't have to take the wire from the right side. But I really don't like the design of the antec casing. 
Here's the link of aigo casing 

http://www.binarylogic.com.bd/index.php?p=555

Note : please don't suggest me any other casing, right now I can only go for a go for aigo XJ Starship and antec gx200

7 minutes ago, Chokez said:

I am currently using Corsair vs 450.
So I have a casing in my mind thats aigo XJ Starship
But my question is Corsair 450 has too short 24 pin connector.
And in aigo casing I have to take all the cable from the right side.
So can I reach the 24 pin to my motherboard? 

The Cosair VS450 has 550mm (55cm) of cable length for the 24pin motherboard connector. That should be more than enough to reach the motherboard in any case.

That said, the VS450 isn't a very good unit. You may be better off replacing it with a Corsair CX450m (2015) grey label unit which it a much better unit. It also has a longer 600mm (60cm) 24pin motherboard connector.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The Cosair VS450 has 550mm (55cm) of cable length for the 24pin motherboard connector. That should be more than enough to reach the motherboard in any case.

That said, the VS450 isn't a very good unit. You may be better off replacing it with a Corsair CX450m (2015) grey label unit which it a much better unit. It also has a longer 600mm (60cm) 24pin motherboard connector.

Yeah right i'll buy another psu but in middle of December. 

Btw i chose antec neo eco 650m 80+ bronze 

There's no 80+gold under 750w in my area,, 

So antec has a long 24pin connector ? Or small like 450?

You shouldn't get a case you don't like.  Casse choice is very subjective as its based on personal preference.  And it's something you have to look at whenever you're sitting at your desk using your computer.  So I certain would never suggest getting an Antec GX200 when you don't even like the way the case looks. 

As Spotty said, the VS has a 550mm long 24-pin cable which is long enough for 99% of the chassis out there.   I would very surprised if it didn't reach when used in that Aigo case.  Where did you get the information from that you would need something longer than a 550mm long 240-pin cable?

I can also confirm that the CX has a 600mm long cable and other PSUs like the TX-M or RMx are actually 610mm long.  But do you think that 50 to 60mm will really make that much difference? 

2 minutes ago, Chokez said:

There's no 80+gold under 750w in my area,, 

That's typically because it doesn't cost any less to make a lower wattage Gold and higher PSU, so they don't bother. 

If it costs only $1 less to manufacture a 650W Gold PSU than it does to make a 750W Gold PSU, do you think it makes sense for the reseller to sell a PSU that has the same performance, but 100W less for only $1 or $2 more?

And it doesn't have to be "Gold" to be a good PSU.  "Gold" is merely an efficiency level.

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

You shouldn't get a case you don't like.  Casse choice is very subjective as its based on personal preference.  And it's something you have to look at whenever you're sitting at your desk using your computer.  So I certain would never suggest getting an Antec GX200 when you don't even like the way the case looks. 

As Spotty said, the VS has a 550mm long 24-pin cable which is long enough for 99% of the chassis out there.   I would very surprised if it didn't reach when used in that Aigo case.  Where did you get the information from that you would need something longer than a 550mm long 240-pin cable?

I can also confirm that the CX has a 600mm long cable and other PSUs like the TX-M or RMx are actually 610mm long.  But do you think that 50 to 60mm will really make that much difference? 

Wow it that case ill go for aigo casing.

I didn't know about other PSU's cable length 

50 and 60 mm is not much of a difference.

I hope it will fit.

Thanks for your help

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

But do you think that 50 to 60mm will really make that much difference? 

You obviously haven't tried using Tinder lately... :D

But no, I do not think it will make that much difference in this situation. As I mentioned 550mm should be plenty for any case, even if you just have to sacrifice cable management and make a direct path from PSU to Mobo. I was just recommending he goes the CXm anyway, but before I recommended the CXm I checked the cable length to make sure it wouldn't be a concern (and it's on the same info page as the VS450 anyway - https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/corsair-psu-spec-table.pdf). Noticed it was longer than the VS, so mentioned it as an additional reason to upgrade to the CXm from the VS (not that you really need any more reasons).

7 minutes ago, Chokez said:

Btw i chose antec neo eco 650m 80+ bronze 

So antec has a long 24pin connector ? Or small like 450?

I don't know. The cable length of the Antec Neo Eco 650M isn't listed in the product specifications or product manual.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

You obviously haven't tried using Tinder lately... :D

But no, I do not think it will make that much difference in this situation. As I mentioned 550mm should be plenty for any case, even if you just have to sacrifice cable management and make a direct path from PSU to Mobo. I was just recommending he goes the CXm anyway, but before I recommended the CXm I checked the cable length to make sure it wouldn't be a concern (and it's on the same info page as the VS450 anyway - https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/corsair-psu-spec-table.pdf). Noticed it was longer than the VS, so mentioned it as an additional reason to upgrade to the CXm from the VS (not that you really need any more reasons).

I don't know. The cable length of the Antec Neo Eco 650M isn't listed in the product specifications or product manual.

that's the thing I was talking about I don't know that if can I use the cable without cable management.

Can you please see the casing from the link I have given below

http://m.maihoang.com.vn/aigo-starship-black-mid-tower

I am not sure that if I can use the cable directly without any cable management

3 minutes ago, Chokez said:

Can you please see the casing from the link I have given below

http://m.maihoang.com.vn/aigo-starship-black-mid-tower

I am not sure that if I can use the cable directly without any cable management

Because of the PSU shroud at the bottom? That won't be an issue. It will only add a very small amount of extra length required to route the cable behind the tray and through one of those cable holes.

Dimensions: 375mm (L) x 180mm (W) x 420mm (H)

The entire case is only 420mm high top to bottom. As mentioned, your PSU cable length with the Corsair VS450 is 550mm. You will have plenty of extra cable length for routing the cable behind the tray and up and out of the cable hole to cable manage it.

? Wow ok then , ill go for this casing then 

Really You helped me a lot

Thanks mate