Corsair RGB Strips with Asus Aura Sync

Jawad14
Go to solution Solved by mikedrewsmy,
4 minutes ago, Jawad14 said:

So what kind of RGB Strip lights that are good qualities that I could use to pair them with Asus Aura?

Get something from deepcool, cablemods or coolermaster.

Here's a link to Asus Aura partners.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Partners-and-promotions.html

So I want to put some RGB Strips inside my PC case, but I want good quality RGB Strips, and I also want them to be synchronized by the Asus Aura Sync Software.

So I was thinking of buying the Corsair RGB Strips since they are amazing, and was planing on plugging them into my Prime X470-Pro Motherboard directly via the 4-pin 12V RGB HEADER that is located at the very bottom of the motherboard.

But then I was curious whether or not these RGB Strips will be synchronized with the Asus Aura Software since they are put straight into the motherboard itself or not. This idea popped up into my mind because of my PC case which has an RGB strip built-in and I can control it from the Asus Aura Software because it's plugged into my motherboard.

So since the RGB Strip on my case can be synchronized with the Asus Aura Software, then the Corsair RGB Strips should also be synchronized with the Asus Aura Software since I am going to plug them directly into my motherboard, just like I did to the RGB Strip of my case.

What do you guys think? Will this work? And why? 

My CASE: Deepcool EARLKASE RGB (White Color Case)

Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-PRO

Corsair RGB STRIPS that am willing to install: https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-CL-8930002-RGB-Lighting-Expansion/dp/B073VKPM4D/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537029870&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+strip+rgb

IMG_E9646.JPG

IMG_E9825.JPG

They are proprietary. You will need a Corsair Lightning Node Pro or Commander Pro (or MSI board with Corsair header) if you went that route.

And as of now even if you did, you would need to use Corsair's software. It will not work with Aura.

Just now, Jawad14 said:

But why can't I just plug them into the Motherboard's 4-pin 12V and rock-on?

Because it's proprietary. Meaning the pinout is different and not designed to work with your motherboard header.

3 minutes ago, Densetsu said:

They are proprietary. You will need a Corsair Lightning Node Pro or Commander Pro (or MSI board with Corsair header) if you went that route.

And as of now even if you did, you would need to use Corsair's software. It will not work with Aura.

So what kind of RGB Strip lights that are good qualities that I could use to pair them with Asus Aura?

4 minutes ago, Jawad14 said:

Get something from deepcool, cablemods or coolermaster.

Here's a link to Asus Aura partners.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Partners-and-promotions.html

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

5 minutes ago, Jawad14 said:

I like @CableMod's offerings. Just make sure you get the right ones. I don't think that board has an addressable header from my quick specs reading, so make sure you don't pick one of those by mistake.

6 minutes ago, Jawad14 said:

I basically use Corsair RGB strips along with my  Asus motherboard. But it runs on iCue instead of Aura Sync (u will need lightning node pro for it).

2 minutes ago, mikedrewsmy said:

I basically use Corsair RGB strips along with my  Asus motherboard. But it runs on iCue instead of Aura Sync (u will need lightning node pro for it).

Same here.

@Jawad14: Be aware that those RGB headers are limited in terms of effects. Addressable effect like the addressable header or Corsair's offerings can be seen in my profile photo.

F.jpg&key=47af8a1525ba90ca2af9af37b95dbd

12 minutes ago, mikedrewsmy said:

F.jpg&key=47af8a1525ba90ca2af9af37b95dbd

You need a msi or asus monitor for your setup, that way your monitor is also covered with rgb.

Gaming_monitor.png

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

You need a msi or asus monitor for your setup, that way your monitor is also covered with rgb.

Gaming_monitor.png

Old photo. I do have a PG27UQ .No longer have my 1080 ti and 1070. 

1 hour ago, Densetsu said:

I like @CableMod's offerings. Just make sure you get the right ones. I don't think that board has an addressable header from my quick specs reading, so make sure you don't pick one of those by mistake.

It does have, this one right?

IMG_E0453.JPG

2 minutes ago, Jawad14 said:

IMG_E0453.JPG

No that is a standard, non-addressable 12V header.

Addressable headers are 3 mins and 5V:

rgb-lighting.png

5 hours ago, Jawad14 said:

IMG_E0453.JPG

@Jawad14 just as @Densetsu mentioned, this would be a standard 5050 RGB LED header, which we do also offer strips for, but this isn't an addressable header. So instead of individually addressing the LEDs, it addresses the entire strip as a whole. We do offer strips for this too though if you want to checkout the CableMod WideBeam Magnetic RGB LEDs.