NZXT H200 Build

Z3R0 CHANC3

This is the first PC I've built since around 2008 (or earlier).  At that time cable routing consisted of plugging in cables and making sure they didn't protrude into the fans, I didn't care about form, only function.  It finally got so unusable that I scrapped it.

Parts:

NZXT H200

Intel Core i5-8600k

Asus ROG Strix Z370-1

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200 RGB

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB nVME M.2

Cooler Master Masterliquid ML120R Ultra Master ARGB Master Super Master AIO (needed more Masters in the name so I added them)

Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 650W (more than I needed but it was cheaper AND had a rebate over the 550W)

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo 11G Blower style card

Silverstone Technology 12 LED ARGB Strips x4

After all this I realized:

The RAM was RGB, not ARGB.  I returned it and got Gskill ARGB memory.

The Gigabyte 1080 Ti didn't look good in my mostly black build, so I got the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti iCX 11G-P4-6591-KR.  Hopefully I don't take too much of a loss on the Gigabyte card.

As you can see the original AIO pump mounting had the tube inlet/outlets on top, but I had to rotate it because something was preventing it from seating flush with the CPU.  I blocked off the top fan mount stacking the filter, gorilla tape panel, then an old fan frame that I trimmed to a low profile.  I blocked off most holes on the bottom, as well as the air filter past the length of the PSU, which seemed to be almost as small as an ITX PSU.  Radiator is on the front with the 2nd ARGB fan on the bottom of the front.  I wanted all the air to come in the front and out the back, with a positive case pressure.  I DO have the PSU with the intake on the bottom only because NZXT said not to mount it upside down.  I can see why they recommend that, but with my air flow it really would've been fine upside down, but I decided I didn't want it reducing the internal pressure.

On with the pics!

20180905_155357.jpg

20180905_160604.jpg

20180905_163432.jpg

20180905_164915.jpg

20180905_171537.jpg

20180905_185759.jpg

20180905_205602.jpg

20180906_212420.jpg

20180908_160502.jpg

20180913_111957.jpg

This will be primarily used in the living room for gaming (Steam/GOG) on a Sony Bravia 75" 900E (it had the best compromise between FALD backlighting and gaming performance).  Secondarily used in the office for Vive and Oculus.  Perhaps I'll move the sensors into the living room eventually.  My office monitors are just cheapo Samsung LED's so they aren't particularly good for anything.

Wow, a nice little beast to play on for a living room console destroyer. Looks fantastic, and congratulations on building a pc again. That evga card really does look (and probably sounds) much better than the blower card. Looks fantastic man. 

Thanks, I appreciate it.  Yeah the EVGA card is pretty impressive.  The thermal solution-WOW.  This thing is also heavy and very solid.  The right corner doesn't sag at all.  Apparently it's a Founders PCB so if I ever want to do a custom loop it'll be easier.  But I probably won't.  lol

Lovely build! I was about to say, a white NZXT H200 would've fit that Gigabyte graphics card nicely, but I love the switch to the EVGA card just as much. :) 

Your cable management is so neat, excellent job! :D 

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches