Twitch Partner Agreement and Stream Alerts

DarkSwordsman

Hey all, namely LMG staff (mainly Linus),

Luke mentioned that, as far as he knows, streaming on Twitch and YouTube is allowed for "all content except gaming". I believe that if the Partner Agreement for LinusTech allows that, you guys should continue to do so. I totally understand that you get nearly 1/4 of the views from Twitch as you do YouTube, however, it may benefit you in the end.

The benefit, bringing it to my next point, is alerts for donations, bits, superchats, subscriptions, supporters, etc.

StreamElements and StreamLabs both support alerts from both YouTube and Twitch. Providing some sort of Alert system, possibly including top donator, top bits, recent subs, etc. like many other streamers, will engage the chat immensely. This could easily push the revenue from these platforms sky high. I know revenue from Wan show isn't exactly a priority, but it would be a nice little addition to whatever you want to do.

I certainly think this avenue would only benefit LMG and provide a lot more interaction and engagement with the community.

1 minute ago, DarkSwordsman said:

Providing some sort of Alert system, possibly including top donator, top bits, recent subs, etc. like many other streamers, will engage the chat immensely.

The thing about the WAN Show is that it's basically like a news channel you'd watch on TV.

They just report and discuss the news, occasionally asking questions to their viewers. To be perfectly honest, they don't even have to livestream the WAN Show at all to do what they want to with it. But livestreaming it allows their audience to interact with each other and discuss it in real time, as it's being broadcasted.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but those are just my thoughts on it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

The thing about the WAN Show is that it's basically like a news channel you'd watch on TV.

They just report and discuss the news

Isn't that awfully exactly like techlinked?

I have a custom pc, if you would like to see specfications please check my profile. I also own a macbook mid 2009

Just now, Ameliorate said:

Isn't that awfully exactly like techlinked?

TechLinked is more speedy, TL;DR type stuff.

The WAN Show goes into a lot more detail.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

TechLinked is more speedy

So it's more like Techquickie instead?

I have a custom pc, if you would like to see specfications please check my profile. I also own a macbook mid 2009

2 minutes ago, Ameliorate said:

So it's more like Techquickie instead?

TechQuickie if TechQuickie reported the news, basically.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

TechQuickie if TechQuickie reported the news, basically.

Sorry, thats what I meant to say. 

Also, what is LMG Pilot, Bitwit Ultra, and Floatpane i'm new in case you haven't noticed.

3 minutes ago, Ameliorate said:

Sorry, thats what I meant to say. 

Also, what is LMG Pilot, Bitwit Ultra, and Floatpane i'm new in case you haven't noticed.

Floatplane is a premium video platform where you can pay a monthly fee to watch Bitwit and Linus Tech Tips videos ahead of YouTube release and without any form of advertisement.

LMG Pilot is the badge for paying for Floatplane for Linus Tech Tips content.

Bitwit Ultra is the badge for paying for Floatplane for Bitwit content.

LMG Pilot is the badge for paying for Floatplane for Linus Tech Tips content.

Bitwit Ultra is the badge for paying for Floatplane for Bitwit content.

Is it possible to do both?

17 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

They just report and discuss the news, occasionally asking questions to their viewers. To be perfectly honest, they don't even have to livestream the WAN Show at all to do what they want to with it. But livestreaming it allows their audience to interact with each other and discuss it in real time, as it's being broadcasted.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but those are just my thoughts on it.

I know what you mean. Making profit from this is nowhere really in their scope, but I am focusing more on user engagement.

When a user Subscribes on Twitch or "Join"s on YouTube, they are committing a monthly amount to them. For that to go unnoticed is really a shame, at least from a Twitch perspective.

Of course, I know they push far more traffic on YouTube because that's their main platform, but I'm sure many people know, Twitch is the superior platform for many reasons:

• Higher Quality streams
    • YouTube downgrades your codec unless you are a very large personality, but even then, it's not great)
    • Goes with the idea of the High Quality streams that they have (i.e: Streaming to FP at 30Gbps)
  • Less latency to broadcaster
    • Twitch has been pulling off sub 2 seconds flawlessly for a while, meanwhile YouTube struggles to hit 6 or 7 seconds.
    • The YouTube stream is usually delayed about 14-16 seconds from the Twitch stream, so about 18-19 seconds overall.
  • Bits
    • Twitch has an integrated currency that promotes people that don't want to drop a ton of money.
    • Bits generally can be found to be used more than regular donations.
  • Subscribers
    • Twitch implements the idea of a "Subscriber" better than YouTube, because of benefits like:
      • Emotes
      • Role on Discord Servers
      • Chat features like:
        • Immunity from slow mode
        • Subscriber-only mode
  • Terms of Service
    • Twitch has a killer terms of service that benefits the viewer much better than YouTube's does. 
  • Raids/Hosting
    • This alone has allowed smaller streamers to grow immensely. I know it doesn't really affect LTT, but it's something to note.
  • Design
    • Twitch has spent a lot of time developing their platform, so all the previously mentioned benefits blend seamlessly together

My point is that Twitch greatly allows for user interaction, and I know that WanShow is really just a News channel, but they do try to engage the audience by looking at chat and what not. Making the stream more interactive (polls, acknowleding subscribers, bits, donations, etc.) I would think only benefits them.

Also, to note, I don't mean acknowledge as in read every donation, subscriber, etc. I simply mean by providing some context on screen like a scroller for subs/donations. They could even do something for Tier 3 subs, or Tier 2 or something. There definitely is a way they can provide a little more interaction like that without getting too intrusive.

2 minutes ago, Ameliorate said:

Yes 

wait what happened to my sub :( 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

3 minutes ago, Ameliorate said:

Yes.

1 minute ago, DarkSwordsman said:

I don't mean acknowledge as in read every donation, subscriber, etc. I simply mean by providing some context on screen like a scroller for subs/donations. They could even do something for Tier 3 subs, or Tier 2 or something. There definitely is a way they can provide a little more interaction like that without getting too intrusive.

Twitch is miles better than YouTube, it's true. There's no algorithm on Twitch that keeps changing and screwing over channels the way it does on YouTube.

I could see how that would be useful, I don't know if they'd want to take the time to implement it though. The WAN Show is constantly late as it is xD

I could see how that would be useful, I don't know if they'd want to take the time to implement it though. The WAN Show is constantly late as it is xD

Lol, that's true. 

The only steps needed, though, are to create an account on StreamLabs or StreamElements, connect the account to YouTube and Twitch, and then just import the overlays.

The hard part is deciding what to show, whether it be only Subs and Supporters, or also top donations, etc. 

I know at bare minimum, implementing an alert box that simply calls out the action that occurs is not that difficult and likely the best first step in that direction. 

3 minutes ago, DarkSwordsman said:

Lol, that's true. 

The only steps needed, though, are to create an account on StreamLabs or StreamElements, connect the account to YouTube and Twitch, and then just import the overlays.

The hard part is deciding what to show, whether it be only Subs and Supporters, or also top donations, etc.

Well they also have to come up with different alerts and overlays and icons to use and whatnot.

18 hours ago, Ameliorate said:

Yes, ofc. But remember that you pay per creator. Its not one charge for them all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv