MX239H,PA238Q or VX239H?

Cataclyst

Hey guys,i finally got the money to buy anew monitor,i asked a long time ago thst which monitor would be good. I was recommended the Asus PA238Q. But while I was browsing the PC Store here,I discoveres the Asus MX239H and VX239H. So...which one would be better? The three of them looks very good :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

The Asus PA238Q is the best of those three. 

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Hm...so i've discarded the VX one. Im still trying to decide between the PA or the MX one...the MX one looks sexy and appealing whilst the PA looks ordinary.

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

Do you want/need the swivel, pivot, or height adjust the PA 238Q offers?

Personally, I do so I'd go with that

Do you want/need the swivel, pivot, or height adjust the PA 238Q offers?

Personally, I do so I'd go with that

Hm...I can't think of a scenario that I would use the Swivel,Pivot and Height Adjust...

Spoiler

| CPU:

Then if you're going for aesthetics, can't go wrong with the MX
Definitely one of the best looking monitors on the market

I can't talk about the other monitors but the MX monitor comes with surprisingly good speakers considering they are built into the monitor. Also it's pretty damn sexy. The PA probably has the best colour calibration if you need it.

The PA238Q is your best bet in terms of image quality. You could buy a PB238Q monitor for quite a lot less if you can find one, but they don't come factory pre-calibrated to make the colors and images come to life.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I can't talk about the other monitors but the MX monitor comes with surprisingly good speakers considering they are built into the monitor. Also it's pretty damn sexy. The PA probably has the best colour calibration if you need it.

So i've heard :). That's also what got me into this Monitor

The PA238Q is your best bet in terms of image quality. You could buy a PB238Q monitor for quite a lot less if you can find one, but they don't come factory pre-calibrated to make the colors and images come to life.

Hm...im not an Editor or Graphic Artist whatsoever,I just game alot and do coding cuz im a CS student hahaha. Im currently using a Samsung SyncMaster933sn....

Spoiler

| CPU:

Hm...im not an Editor or Graphic Artist whatsoever,I just game alot and do coding cuz im a CS student hahaha. Im currently using a Samsung SyncMaster933sn....

Oh, that's okay. Those monitors are excellent for color reproduction and image quality, and work just fine for gaming. There is barely any input lag and the response times are - honestly - negligible at best.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Oh, that's okay. Those monitors are excellent for color reproduction and image quality, and work just fine for gaming. There is barely any input lag and the response times are - honestly - negligible at best.

So the MX279H is ok? I read in a monitor buying guide that when you buy a 1080p Monitor,the best is get a 23-24" one? Cuz i was thinking to get the 27" one for bigger screen(Just because the cost isn't that far from the 23" version)?

Spoiler

| CPU:

The MX series is out of my knowledge, but I feel if we're going to start discussing other monitors from ASUS, we might as well start discussing other monitors in general, starting here. Unless there's some particular reason you should only buy those specific models you've listed, I would look at the list I've just linked. It's an excellent buyer's guide for monitors. As for buying a 27" monitor with a 1080p resolution, it's fine if you want the extra size. The reason people don't recommend that is because of pixel density. And to be honest, they have a good point. The images will look much better if you use a 24" and lower monitor with a 1920x1080/1200 resolution, as opposed to something larger. To put that into better perspective, people prefer a 1080p TV when they buy something around or above 40".

Dell's Ultrasharp monitors, ASUS's Pro Art monitors, and BenQ's XL2420TE are all great. The last option, especially, because even for a gaming-grade monitor, its image quality is superb. Not quite to the level of a Pro Art monitor, but definitely nothing to scoff at - if you can afford it.

The MX series is out of my knowledge, but I feel if we're going to start discussing other monitors from ASUS, we might as well start discussing other monitors in general, starting here. Unless there's some particular reason you should only buy those specific models you've listed, I would look at the list I've just linked. It's an excellent buyer's guide for monitors. As for buying a 27" monitor with a 1080p resolution, it's fine if you want the extra size. The reason people don't recommend that is because of pixel density. And to be honest, they have a good point. The images will look much better if you use a 24" and lower monitor with a 1920x1080/1200 resolution, as opposed to something larger. To put that into better perspective, people prefer a 1080p TV when they buy something around or above 40".

Dell's Ultrasharp monitors, ASUS's Pro Art monitors, and BenQ's XL2420TE are all great. The last option, especially, because even for a gaming-grade monitor, its image quality is superb. Not quite to the level of a Pro Art monitor, but definitely nothing to scoff at - if you can afford it.

Yeah,im open to more suggestions :D. I was planning to buy tomorrow already and I liked the MX one cuz it looks good,is an IPS and is not that expensive haha. The BenQ XL2420TE was originally my first choice but I wasn't able to find it here on where I live. And also the Pro-Art Monitor,they won't be having anymore stock of it....as I have called awhile ago :(

And thanks for that explanation :D. I think i'll just get a 24" Monitor then also,the thing i liked about the Asus monitors because of QuickFit because I have alot of projects that needs to be printed

Spoiler

| CPU:

Yeah,im open to more suggestions :D. I was planning to buy tomorrow already and I liked the MX one cuz it looks good,is an IPS and is not that expensive haha. The BenQ XL2420TE was originally my first choice but I wasn't able to find it here on where I live. And also the Pro-Art Monitor,they won't be having anymore stock of it....as I have called awhile ago :(

Well, the most important thing to note is not to buy a TN panel. They tend to look quite ugly, in comparison to their IPS rivals.

Also, I did just take a quick look at the ASUS MX279H monitor you asked about. That monitor is really best suited for multi-monitor setups because of its thinner frame. If all else fails, I recommend this monitor, which I personally use. It's not particularly special in any way - 24", 1080p, 60Hz, and a good response time - but it's cheap and good quality. You can't go wrong with it, but the ProArt, Ultrasharp, and XL2420 monitors still get my recommendation whenever you can find them. You could always order them online if local availability is a problem.

Well, the most important thing to note is not to buy a TN panel. They tend to look quite ugly, in comparison to their IPS rivals.

Also, I did just take a quick look at the ASUS MX279H monitor you asked about. That monitor is really best suited for multi-monitor setups because of its thinner frame. If all else fails, I recommend this monitor, which I personally use. It's not particularly special in any way - 24", 1080p, 60Hz, and a good response time - but it's cheap and good quality. You can't go wrong with it, but the ProArt, Ultrasharp, and XL2420 monitors still get my recommendation whenever you can find them. You could always order them online if local availability is a problem.

Thanks for the advice :). I plan to do a surround gaming setup someday...sooo yeah. And for the Ordering online...well,the cost would increase ALOT because of taxes here and etc etc etc. So...i tend to avoid online shopping much. I took a look at the link you gave me awhile ago,the list of Monitors,i found the Acer H236HL to be nice,although im having a hard time looking for a shop that has it :(

Spoiler

| CPU:

Thanks for the advice :). I plan to do a surround gaming setup someday...sooo yeah. And for the Ordering online...well,the cost would increase ALOT because of taxes here and etc etc etc. So...i tend to avoid online shopping much. I took a look at the link you gave me awhile ago,the list of Monitors,i found the Acer H236HL to be nice,although im having a hard time looking for a shop that has it :(

I don't envy you. That list should give you a good idea of which monitors to pick. Really, all of the options you chose were good, but the ProArt was just the best one. If your local availability is limited, just pick what you can get, don't pay too much for it, and you should be happy with that.

I don't envy you. That list should give you a good idea of which monitors to pick. Really, all of the options you chose were good, but the ProArt was just the best one. If your local availability is limited, just pick what you can get, don't pay too much for it, and you should be happy with that.

I searched around and found that the Acer H236HL bid is more expensive than the MX239H :(. I also like the ProArt Monitor,but...sadly..no availability :(. Also a reason why I like the 27" MX series is because the 27" is the only one with QuickFit for A4 paper haha

Spoiler

| CPU:

I searched around and found that the Acer H236HL bid is more expensive than the MX239H :(. I also like the ProArt Monitor,but...sadly..no availability :(. Also a reason why I like the 27" MX series is because the 27" is the only one with QuickFit for A4 paper haha

Well, it sounds to me like you know what to look for from a monitor, then. Just pick whatever people say looks good and you're golden, in my book.

Well, it sounds to me like you know what to look for from a monitor, then. Just pick whatever people say looks good and you're golden, in my book.

Thanks for the advises! :). The only question now is...the 23" one or the 27" one...

Spoiler

| CPU:

Thanks for the advises! :). The only question now is...the 23" one or the 27" one...

I know this seems dumb, but however big you want your monitor. A greater pixel density - that is, more pixels in less space - generally looks better, but if you want a 27" monitor, you will not really lack for anything.

I know this seems dumb, but however big you want your monitor. A greater pixel density - that is, more pixels in less space - generally looks better, but if you want a 27" monitor, you will not really lack for anything.

I guess a 23" will do? After all,greater is better hahaha

Spoiler

| CPU:

I guess a 23" will do? After all,greater is better hahaha

That's not something I can really tell you at this point. I could always flip a coin, but it's important not to regret your decision. It's a risk you take whenever you have to choose between two or a few good choices.

That's not something I can really tell you at this point. I could always flip a coin, but it's important not to regret your decision. It's a risk you take whenever you have to choose between two or a few good choices.

Hm...alright. Thanks for the tip :D

Spoiler

| CPU: