Why are there no copper pump/reservoir combos?

I´ve heard you should either only use copper or only use aluminium for your custom water cooling loop.

Why the hell, in this case, are there no copper pump+reservoir combos availible?

Even the EK Waterblocks webpage gives me an aluminium pump+reservoir combo.

Does the pump not affect the water?

Sorry if the question turns out to be stupid :)

- LiquidNitrogen

BTW can I use brass fittings for an all-copper loop?

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

pump/res combos are usually made from acetal or some other plastic. since plastic does not cause galvanic corrosion, it is safe to use in any watercooling setup.

Thanks! What about brass fittings?

Copper is expensive.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Just now, LiquidNitrogen said:

Does it make a difference? I´m currently planning to use the EK Waterblocks Black Nickel Fittings

yeah those are nickel plated, so the fluid will not actually come in contact with the brass, only the nickel. which makes them safe to use in combination with other nickel parts, but also copper parts like CPU/GPU blocks for example :)

I don't think the inside of the EK fittings are plated, I'm using the black nickel ones and from memory all of mine aren't. I think copper and brass are very close/similar metals so they are generally safe together in a loop. Most radiators are copper and brass from memory. So you don't need to worry about having copper and brass in the same loop. Copper and aluminium are the two you don't want to mix. Don't stress about the pumps, they are fine. The impeller is plastic I think.. Any D5/DDC pump should be okay.

3 hours ago, Zammin said:

I don't think the inside of the EK fittings are plated, I'm using the black nickel ones and from memory all of mine aren't. I think copper and brass are very close/similar metals so they are generally safe together in a loop. Most radiators are copper and brass from memory. So you don't need to worry about having copper and brass in the same loop. Copper and aluminium are the two you don't want to mix. Don't stress about the pumps, they are fine. The impeller is plastic I think.. Any D5/DDC pump should be okay.

Thanks! I´m coming closer to my final parts list. It´s so amazing to see all the support of the LTT Forum Community.

- LiquidNitrogen

3 hours ago, Zammin said:

Oh, could you tell me which fittings you recommend? I like the look of the XSPC Black Chrome Fittings. Do you think they are good or can you recommend better ones with a similar look?

I've only really used EK with the exception of a couple of XSPC T/X splitters. I haven't had any leaks with my stuff, but that's not so say there isn't better stuff out there. Someone else with more experience can probably answer that.