Ryzen 7 1700 or Ryzen 5 2600x

Resticle

Hello i am currently in the process of upgrading my PC and i am starting with the CPU i have chosen to go with ryzen because i am starting to stream at 720p 30fps and believe the extra cores and threads will help with performance but i need to decide between the Ryzen 5 2600x and Ryzen 7 1700. They are both around $300 AUD so the price difference doesnt matter. I just want to know if it will be worth it to get the 1700 as it is better for a bit streaming or i should save 15$ and get a slightly better gaming cpu.

Thank you

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

4 minutes ago, Resticle said:

Hello i am currently in the process of upgrading my PC and i am starting with the CPU i have chosen to go with ryzen because i am starting to stream at 720p 30fps and believe the extra cores and threads will help with performance but i need to decide between the Ryzen 5 2600x and Ryzen 7 1700. They are both around $300 AUD so the price difference doesnt matter. I just want to know if it will be worth it to get the 1700 as it is better for a bit streaming or i should save 15$ and get a slightly better gaming cpu.

Thank you

2600x

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

1700 would be better.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

5 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

They both have average overclock 4.0. Go with the 1700 and pick up some fast 3000mhz+ ram

maybe on like an AIO or something with a ton of voltage, my 1700 can't hold more then 3.75Ghz all core on the stock air cooler.

OP I would go more cores over top speed per core for streaming.

10 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

maybe on like an AIO or something with a ton of voltage, my 1700 can't hold more then 3.75Ghz all core on the stock air cooler.

OP I would go more cores over top speed per core for streaming.

When I say overclock, I dont mean on a stock cooler

Get the R7 1700.