classroom management

Oinkels

Hello.

I am a it teacher in south-africa.

I am currently strugeling with a major issue.

in my class i have the following setup.

I have a server wich is a 

Amd ryzen 5 1600 cpu

8 gb of ram 

And 2 tb hdd

Running on windows server 2012 R2

then i have 30 pc's connected running windows 7 pro

all intel duel core 4 gb ram 

at the moment i am using windows steady state witch is only supporting windows xp. I did manage to get the program working on windows 7.

We are required to move to windows 10 next year and i just don't know what my options are and how i am going to implement  a new system.

I need to setup restrictions for the learners. Plz if anyone can help i would be so great full.

Thanx

struggling teacher

You  don't need to upgrade to new rigs to support windows 10, but it is highly recommended that you do so since Microsoft still has a 32 bit version of Windows 10 available it can run on almost every Intel base system made this millennia, and some of the last, now even though you can run it on those systems, the question is should you run them on those old systems, because they will probably run pretty slow. Sadly I haven't spent the time figuring how to restrict the systems for educational purposes, so I can not help you there. Another issue is if you choose to upgrade South Africa does not have a healthy use computer component market (yet).

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!