Samsung 840 Evo, Is it worth it?

First of all ill make this clear: I havent built this system yet.

Is it worth upgrading from a Kingston Ssd Now V300 to a Samsung 840 Evo.

I probably wont use many of the features but is it worth the £20 just for the speed? I am at the edge of my budget as it is but I can just about squeeze it in, I was going to buy some Corsair air series af140s instead but I wondered if this would be better. I would get the 120gb version and i will have a WD Black 1tb for mass storage.

It will mostly be used for Os, Games and usual Programs. You guys know what people put on Ssds, that sort of stuff.

<p> AMD FX-8350 CPU, Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo, Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory,Samsung 840evo 120gb ssd, Samsung 840evo 256gb ssd, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB Graphics card, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) Case, Corsair CS 750W 80+ Gold PSU, Windows 7 Home Premium

No. The difference in speed is barely if at all noticeable and won't really make a difference for day to day usage. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The Samsung EVO is great but going from one SSD to another probably isn't worth the cash at the moment. I wouldn't bother personally.

The Samsung EVO is great but going from one SSD to another probably isn't worth the cash at the moment. I wouldn't bother personally.

I said I havent built this system yet.

<p> AMD FX-8350 CPU, Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo, Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory,Samsung 840evo 120gb ssd, Samsung 840evo 256gb ssd, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB Graphics card, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) Case, Corsair CS 750W 80+ Gold PSU, Windows 7 Home Premium

I said I havent built this system yet.

Oh sorry my bad! I havent compaired in a physical set up but Samsung have lots of nice software features and the read write times looked the best for budget againt Kingston a week ago when I checked and bought mine so for the extra 20 bucks, go for it.... I did and am not complaining at all. Great bit of kit with excellent software additions.

Oh sorry my bad! I havent compaired in a physical set up but Samsung have lots of nice software features and the read write times looked the best for budget againt Kingston a week ago when I checked and bought mine so for the extra 20 bucks, go for it.... I did and am not complaining at all. Great bit of kit with excellent software additions.

Is it really worth the extra cash, very tip of my budget.

I did notice a Small difference between rapid on and off but to be honest, without doing a side by side benchmark/test I dont know. If you really cant afford £20... Well bobs your uncle.

Is it really worth the extra cash, very tip of my budget.

Unless we're talking less than £5, no.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

mate just read your post again... don't do it and spend an extra £10/£20 on the Seagate SSHD for your storage drive as opposed to the WD Black and use this guide when setting up; http://www.overclock.net/t/664738/how-to-setup-ssd-boot-drive-with-secondary-hard-disc-optimization

I think this would be the best way to set up your system. Read the guide, might shed some light as to why....

Unless we're talking less than £5, no.

no its an extra £20

If you've haven't build the system yet, then there is no reason to spend the extra money. The only reason I went with the evo is for the data migration software.