MacOS High Sierra Wi-Fi won't work at all

I repaired my 2015 MacBook Air and when I got it I found out it had OSX Yosemetie 10.10 the original OS it came with. I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13. Problem is when I updated it the Wi-Fi would not connect. When I revert to 10.10 using a recovery image it works fine. Basically the Wi-Fi only works when its running the older Yosemetie 10.10. I even did a clean install to make sure there were no driver issues. So what is the problem?

When you say the wifi wont connect when running High Sierra, can you expand on this?  You attempt to connect and then what?  Error message?  If so, can you post a screenshot? You should see the option to run troubleshooting when the connection fails, have you done this?

Is it just failing on your home wifi network or on all wifi connection when under High Sierra?  Have you attempted to connect to a neighbours wifi or perhaps to a tethered mobile phone wifi hotspot?

This is Apple's way of forcing you to buy a new MacBook air. 

Bring out the UNIX terminal. Your pretty face Mac gui network manager likely won't tell you a damn thing even if it is crashing constantly with errors.

Connect to network with this command syntax.

Spoiler

networksetup -setairportnetwork [interface] [router SSID] [password]

Where interface is your network adaptor, router ssid is your home network name, and password is... Well password. 

Use these to list scanned networks

Spoiler

airport -s

But according to this guide, you may wish to create a symbolic link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techrepublic.com/google-amp/article/pro-tip-manage-wi-fi-with-terminal-commands-on-os-x/

Let me know what results that gets you on the terminal. 

Sudo make me a sandwich